Author Topic: where is the room for doubt V  (Read 1406 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
where is the room for doubt V
« on: May 27, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »
An incident that occured at Allahabad railway station on the morning of January 23, 1972 is worth recording.With my younger son, his wife and one of my grandsons, I was coming back to Kanpur from Allahabad by Howrah-Kalka Mail. After locating our berths, I was talking on the platform with people who had come to see us off.I could not hear the whistle of the electric engine and the train began to move. I caught hold of the handle of the compartment to get into it. But i lost the grip and fell on the track. In the meantime the train had gathered momentum. When my son who was at the other door of the compartment enquired about me, a fellow passenger told him that he saw an old man falling down while trying to get into the compartment. My son immediately pulled the chain, but the train stopped only two furlomgs away.

As soon as i fell on the track, I saw the face of sri bhagavan repeating like a mantra "Dont lift the head". Where i was on the track I cannot say. But i saw the wheels moving faster and faster. When the entire train had moved beyond the place where I was, I got up though my head and left eye-brow were badly wounded, so much so that my woollen coat had become drenched. The guard who was in charge of the train said that eight bogeys had passed over me and that it was a miracle that I had escaped death. It was all his benign grace that he saved his body, for whatever purpose is knwon to him only.

For the first few days after the wounds had been stitched, I was in great agony and pain. I was kept under sedation but i felt sri bhagavan sitting by my side and at times moving his hands over the wounds that had been stitched. My cap and spectacles that had fallen on the track wree all recieved by my people without any damage whatsoever. The same glasses and the same frame I used for years thereafter.

May this head remain at his lotus feet fort he rest of my days on earth!

- Satya Narayan Tandon

[MP, 1976, July - 41/42]

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: where is the room for doubt V
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:54:54 AM »

Dear SLakshmi,

Such incidents bring tears of joy because of Bhagavan Ramana's
power of the Presence.  He has said:  "Where can I go?  I am here!"
For devotees who trust Him, He is always present and is helpful.
Sri A.R. Natarajan of Sri Ramana Maharshi Centre of Learning,
Bangalore, has brought out a book containing such continuing
miracles. There are stories about a boy who is a Ramana devotee,
who had been helped out of danger, when his scooter dashed with
an oncoming lorry, in Bellary Road.  This is right near the Bhagavan
Ramana's Temple in Bellary Road.  There are many such stories.
Sri A.R. Natarajan made efforts with the Bangalore Corporation to
re-name this road as Sri Ramana Maharshi Marg.  This has been
done about a decade back.

Arunachala Siva.

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
Yes subramanian sir. such incidents give us renewed faith on bhagavan ramana and it is to show that he is forever present. All we need to do is just remember him! Infact subramanian sir, I was very much encouraged to join this forum and community only because of your posts called 'Miracles do happen'. I was so very happy to read them and they were such source of encouragement and comfort especially if one is going through a challenging time at work or personal life. infact i searched for those particular posts and read them all! I have a select few of them in my favorite list. Many thanks subramanian sir!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »

Dear SLakshmi,

Yes.  Miracles are happening everyday in the Asramam and also
outside.  Many people do not record them.  Further miracles happen
"within" and that is the most wonderful miracle.  The other miracles
also happen as a bonus. Bhagavan Ramana has said that the Grace
is ever-flowing and it is unlimited, unlike an ordinary ocean.  But
one should take proper vessel, to bring it.  The niggardliness is 
not with the Grace, but with us, who take small tumblers to receive