Author Topic: ULLadu Narpadu - 123  (Read 1029 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
ULLadu Narpadu - 123
« on: May 23, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »

Muruganar in his Guru Vachaka Kovai, does not cover directly the
message of Verse 21 of ULLadu Narpadu.  But there are a few verses,
where the idea is covered indirectly.

Verse 714: God, the transcendental being, resides in the Heart as
"I-I", the Atma Swarupam, as mere being, free of thought.  Amongst the many thousands of divine names given to him, in the many different religions and languages, no other name is so perfectly apt, and has such true elegance, as this name "am".

Muruganar further comments:  The Hebrew name of God, Jehovah,
has this meaning.

Bhagavan:  You always exist.  The Be-ing is the Self. "I am" is the
name of God.  Of all the definitions of God, none is so well put
as the biblican statement of "I am that I am" in Exodus Chapter III.  There are other statements, such as brahmaivaham (Brahman
am I), aham brahmasmi (I am Brahman), and soham (I am He).  But none is so direct as the name Jehovah (which means) "I am".  The
Absolute Being is what is - it is the Self.  It is God.  Knowing the
Self, God is known.  In fact god is none other than the Self.
(Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi, Talk No. 106).

Swami Ramananda Swarnagiri in his Crumbs from His Table, records the following conversation:

Question:  Can everybody see God?

Bhagavan:  Yes.

Question:  Can I see God?

Bhagavan:  Yes,

Question:  Who is my guide to see God?  Do I not need a guide?

Bhagavan:  Who was your guide to Ramanasramam?  With whose guidelines do you see the world daily?  God is your own Self beyoind the body, mind, and intellect.  Just as you are able to see the world
yourself so also you will be able see the your Self if you earnestly
strive to do so, your Self alone being your guide in that quest also.

Verse 433:  That which is worth enquiring into and knowing is only
the truth of oneself.  Taking it as the target, it should be known in the Heart with a sharply focused attention.  Only to an intellect that has subsided within, having attained a clear silence, which is free from the turbidity and agitation of mind that sweats and suffers,
will the means for realizing this truth, which shines in an extremely subtle way, be known clearly.

Verse 434:  The entire collection of knowledge that involves differences totally ceases and perishes in the maunam that is Swarupam, pure consciousness.  All other divine states that appear to be many are only the sport of power of consciousness {chit-
sakti}, a mere appearance in one's real state, which is grace-
supreme, the nature of supreme happiness.

Verse 435:  The Heart is the consciousness that exists as mere being.  It does not rise as "I" and go out to know the sense-objects, the non-Self.  To the consciousness that remains still without
objectifying, the truth of itself shines spontaneously.  Therefore, to hold onto that Heart, which is consciousness, as the target, and to remain firmly established in it, without any movement, is the shining of pure being.             

Arunachala Siva.