Author Topic: Paradox  (Read 4522 times)

soham3

• External world is shadow of what is inside you
    • View Profile
Paradox
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:39:37 PM »
Bhagawan said that any thing that is objective  is  unreal.  Yet he said that we should  constantly  meditate  on  his  beloved  hill, namely,  Arunachala.
O Divine, lead me to dizzy heights of sublimity & loftiness

sonagiri

• View Profile
Re: Paradox
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »
   In the first verse of Aksharamanamalai (The Marital Garland of Letters) Bhagavan said, 'Arunachala, you root out the ego of those who meditate on You in the Heart'. How can one meditate on anything in the Heart? If one sees the Heart as an object to be meditated upon, then the paradox that Donkey refers to seems to be rationally unsolvable. However, Bhagavan summarised this paradox himself in the benedictory verse of Ulladu Narpadu where he wrote:

Could there be a being-consciousness existing apart from that which [eternally] is? Since that reality exists in the Heart, free of thought, who could meditate upon that reality, called the Heart?

Bhagavan concluded this verse with the answer to the question that he himself had posed:

Know that to remain within the Heart, as it is, is truly to meditate [upon the Heart].

By remaining in the Heart 'as it is' one abides as the subject, free of all objectification. Remaining as the Self, as the Heart, one abides in Arunachala, as the true form and nature of Arunachala.

soham3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 06:00:59 PM »
   In the first verse of Aksharamanamalai (The Marital Garland of Letters) Bhagavan said, 'Arunachala, you root out the ego of those who meditate on You in the Heart'. How can one meditate on anything in the Heart? If one sees the Heart as an object to be meditated upon, then the paradox that Donkey refers to seems to be rationally unsolvable. However, Bhagavan summarised this paradox himself in the benedictory verse of Ulladu Narpadu where he wrote:

Could there be a being-consciousness existing apart from that which [eternally] is? Since that reality exists in the Heart, free of thought, who could meditate upon that reality, called the Heart?

Bhagavan concluded this verse with the answer to the question that he himself had posed:

Know that to remain within the Heart, as it is, is truly to meditate [upon the Heart].

By remaining in the Heart 'as it is' one abides as the subject, free of all objectification. Remaining as the Self, as the Heart, one abides in Arunachala, as the true form and nature of Arunachala.

Did Bhagawan mean that the objective hill of Arunachala is the subjective spiritual heart ?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:31:23 AM »
The Arunachala Hill is outside.  It will come inside, into your
Heart, provided you root out the ego. (M.G.L 1).  In other
words, if you root out the "coal-sack" of the galaxy which is
inside you, then this Galaxy of Effulgence, will shine forth.  This
is something like the theory of relativity.  If the space inside
is cleared of its dirt, then the Energy-Effulgence (Sakti-Siva),
will shine.  It is this,  Bhagavan has said in Who am I?:-
If world is seen, the Swarupa is not seen.  If world disappears,
the Swarupa will shine forth.

soham3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:15:15 PM »
There are saints who would conduct as if they were rank materialists, yet they will have firm abidance in the Self.

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 11:31:56 PM »
Iam ever present, in fear and no-fear...or in self and no-self

Iam is tuly what Iam

I think when the grasping mind came to a rest, when there remains non attached beeingness..

when yous tart to be happy with what is...whe the desired are slowly burned and this moment is enough for you...when the inherent beeingness is enough for your mind then you start to meditate...or you are simply sitting (zazen)

before we are doin something, holding something....

holding on arunachala or holding//concentrating on the Iam on the presence.... this is a wonderfull way to get the taste...the taste of what is

and then slowly you will love the taste...love the presence more then the mind-chatter, it will happen out of nothing, because it is not planed and jet totally his will....and then you start to shift

but this is not the SELF, this is not bhagawan, not the spiritual blossoming of the heart lotus...it is just a cleansing but jet meditation becomes effective and constant through this shift

may bhagawan bless us all and let us rest in his heart cavity..,ay he be the sun for our innermost heart so it will blossom into the pure sat-chit-ananda vibration...pure light.....bhodikarya....enlightment

I truely feel him as the great protector and guide...as my innermost love and intimacy with god I will do my best to nourish him in myself