Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana's 60th Aradhana - 11.05.2010 (5)  (Read 1141 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Bhagavan Ramana's 60th Aradhana - 11.05.2010 (5)
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »

On Day 3, the 12th May, we skipped Asramam breakfast and with a coffee in a hotel around 6.30 am rushed to the Big Temple, to avoid
heat and crowd.  We reached the Eastern Towers and entered the
Temple.  We had darshan of Kambathu ILaiyanar, Muruga with a
javelin and a pecock, wearing only a codpiece.  Then to Patala Lingam, where Bhagavan Ramana stayed for about 28 days till Seshadri Swami made arrangements to bring up the young Brahamana Swami.  From
Patala Lingam, we went to Gopura Subramania Shrine, where Muruga
is there with his two consorts, javelin and peacock.  From here,
we went to Annamalaiyar, our cute Little Father.  He was dressed in simple attire and garlands and the crowd was not much.  We had goo darshan.  From there we went to Mother Unnamulai, our cute
Little Mother.  Mother was somewhat busy.  Breaking all rules, some politicians had come and they were given Z category special darshan.  We had to wait for 20 minutes and then saw the Mother.  We covered other shrines.  It was around 7.45 am but T'malai looked as if it has got heat waves swarming the town.  The feet without
foot wear started burning.  We rushed to the car and from there to a hotel for a brief breakfast.

We came to the Asramam, around 8.15 am.  The simple morning ceremonies for Ramaneswara Maha Lingam was almost over and we could have the arti only.  Then a music concert for about 1 hour
commenced.  This was by Kumari Sarada and Smt Ambika Kameswar and Smt. Sulochana Natarajan.  The theme was Sri Ramana Pada
Pancharatnam, based on Sivaprakasam Pillai's Sri Ramana Pada Maalai.  The sounds of accompaniment were a little more than required and we could not discern the words of the verses.

Half way down the concert, I slipped into Old Hall, the court of
Bhagavan Ramana for more than 20 years.  It was in total silence, with a handful of devotees in total silent meditation.  The atmosphere was quite pleasing and I could spend more than 20
minutes chanting Sri Arunachala Akshara Mana Maalai within my
lips.  For a minute, I was thinking about those golden days when Kavyakanta, Muruganar, Kunju Swami, GV Subbaramiah, Maharajahs, Christian missionaries, SRK math sannyasis were all sitting at the feet of Bhagavan Ramana with rapt attention to listen to His few words. 

It was around 10.30 am.  I went near the office and bid good bye to Smt Jayanti, Sri Krishnan, Sri Venkatesh, Sri Prem Kumar, Mr. Kannan, and Dr. Srinivasamurty and Sri V.S. Mani.  I also met
the Srilankan lady who is in T'malai for the past 6 years, rain or shine
and also the illustrious daughter of Lucy Ma, who has been here since 1998!  I also met Mr. Sabapathy, the grandson of a lady who
knew Bhagavan right from Madurai times. 

The lunch was at 11.30 AM.  We had simple feast on this day
and then prayed to Ramaneswara Mahalingam, and Mother Matrubhuteswara.

We returned to the guest house.  We took rest between 12 noon
and 2 pm.  Handed over the keys to the watchman, Muniswami in
Morvi Guest House and proceeded towards Bangalore.  We bid
good bye to the Hill, the Hill of Jnana, the Hill of Fire upto 10 kms
looking at the Hill from the rear glass of the car.  O Lord, bye bye,
till You call us again!  Take care of us.

KaNNe undhan kazhal iNaiyil kadhal perukke tharuvaye....

O my Eye, give me only abundant love towards your anklet wearing
feet!  What else can we ask?

- Sri Arunachala Nava Mani Maalai, part of Verse 7.

Concluded.

Arunachala Siva.