Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana's 60th Aradhana - 11.05.2010 (2)  (Read 1091 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Bhagavan Ramana's 60th Aradhana - 11.05.2010 (2)
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »

On the Monday afternoon, i.e on 10th, the Asramam had arranged
for two special programmes.  One was between 2 pm and 3.30 pm
on Tevaram and Tiruvachakam songs, rendered in music by two
Odhuvars (the traditional Saivite singers, who learn Tevaram and
Tiruvachakam from the young age as if in a Veda patasala).  The second programme was Smt. Ambika Kameshwar group (Ramananjali
Group - Smt Ambika is the daughter of Sri A.R. Natarajan of Bangalore.)  This was at 8.30 pm onwards.

We went back to the Asramam by 2 pm and listened the songs
of Tevaram and Tiruvachakam.  The rendering was quite pleasant,
with minimum accompaniments of violin and drum. This was in the
frontal portal of Mother's Temple.  There was good crowd.  The musicians sang the first songs of Jnana Sambandhar, Tirunavukkarasar and Sundaramurthy.  These were sung when
they were in Sirkali, Tiru Adigai and Tiruvennai Nallur.  Bhagavan
Ramana used to say that their first song itself shows that these
devotees had realized the Self.  Because they sang that Siva had
totally occupied their Heart, with no room for mind and ego. The songs were sung with great fervor.  The musicians also covered
songs on Tiruvannamalai, Arunachaleswara.  They also sang from
Tiruvachakam, the song from Tirupadai atchi.  Since I have read these songs, I could enjoy their singing more.  The excellent concert came to a close around 3.45 pm.  Dr. Srinivasamurty whose mother tongue is Kannada, was sitting spell bound in the concert.

The tea was around 4 pm.  The crowd was slowly swelling.  After tea we stayed back in the Asramam.  I bought only one book this time,  S.S. Cohen's Bhagavatam.

In the evening, the puja again started around 5 pm.  Fresh flowers and fresh abulations.  The Asramam authorities had fully satisfied themselves with adornment of Ramaneswara Mahalingam with bountiful quantities of flowers to the Brahma Jnani who never accepted a garland in His lifetime.  Fresh dhotis were adorned and the golden gasket and silver head gear were also there. The arti was shown at 6 pm.  Then came the Tamil parayana for Monday evening -
Sri Arunachala Stuti Panchakam. 

The night dinner was started from 7 pm. considering the crowd.
The whole arrangement was in clock work regularity.  All devotees
had their prasadam and then were waiting for the concert of
Smt. Ambika Kameshwar. 

We were quite tired.  We returned to the guest house after the dinner.  The Tuesday's programme was to start at 5 am.  The main Aradhana function.

Arunachala Siva.