Author Topic: How Chellamma(adopted daughter of Echammal) Was Lucky To Get Bilva Seed  (Read 1565 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
I must share with you an incident, possibly not recorded in any of Sri Ramanasramam's publications. I am not sure whether my father (K. V. Mama) told you about this incident, which happened around the year 1912.

At that time, my 12-year-old grandmother Chellamma (adopted daughter of Echammal) would often play up on the Hill with other girls. One day Bhagavan called them and said, "Okay girls, lets have a running race and see who wins". Guess who won? It was Chellamma, my grandmother. Instantly Bhagavan said, "Having won, in all fairness, I must give you some prize". So he picked up a bilva seed, polished it smooth, drilled a fine hole in it - amazingly so perfect as if a machine had done it with a drill bit - and handed it over to my grandmother. This priceless prize to my grandmother is cherished by my family and has found a prominent place in my puja room.

Source: http://www.arunachala.org/newsletters/2008/?pg=mar-apr#article.6

Subramanian.R

• View Profile

When Chellammal died after delivering the child, Echammal brought
the little baby to Bhagavan Ramana and cried uncontrollably.  Bhagavan Ramana also cried bitterly for some time and then He
advised her suitably.  Bhagavan Ramana was a mirror and He was
reflecting the genuine emotions of the true devotees.

Arunachala Siva.