Author Topic: Sudden hair loss in Tiruvannamalai  (Read 5345 times)

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sudden hair loss in Tiruvannamalai
« on: May 10, 2010, 06:20:55 AM »
A strange thing has been happening over the past few months to many people here in Tiruvannamalai (and elsewhere I am told) - Indians and Foreigners, young and old, male and female alike, including myself.

We are all losing large amounts of hair from our heads and only our heads. The hair is coming out roots and all.

I am sure that many people will put it down to the cellphone towers, which according to one person who measured the output, is either 1600 or 16,000 times the WHO safe limit (she wasn't sure which number was correct, but it was at least 1600).

Others say it is the salt in the water, shampoo, etc. Whatever the cause, it is a source of concern for many.

I would recommend that all foreigners bring a hat of some sort here, as the sun can be very damaging to the scalp.

Graham
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:43:29 PM by Graham »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sudden hair loss in Tiruvannamalai
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »

Dear Graham,

I am surprised at your post.  I stayed for three days in T'malai
for Bhagavan's Aradhana function, 10th to 12th to be precise.
The sweating was tremendous.  Particularly during power cut hours,
inside the Guest house.  Sweat was pouring like rains.  The Asramam was the only safe haven, since they had round the clock power support.

Every time, I combed my hair with a lot of water splashed on the head, copious hairs had fallen.  This was my experience in three days!

I think it is more to do with the hot climate, (I think it should be 40 deg. C. plus, where everyone sweat.

Perhaps the cell phone towers may also be true.  But these may
not cause immediate damage, I believe.

I live in Bangalore, where also it is hot but not sweating.

Arunachala Siva.   

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »
In olden days, all munis rishis and sadhus all had lots of hair. I used to wonder without any oil, shampoo they were having shiny dark hair. But some of them had shaven like our Bhagavan. All siddhas have lots of hair who lives in thruvanamalai. I think they used to do lots of pranayamas and know how to keep their body cool during summer.
Some siddhas say this body is mithya and they never used to give important. On the other hand Thrumoolar gives lots of important because with the help of body only we can attain atma shashatkaram. UDAL VALARTHEN UYUR VALARTHEN.  In many poems they say this body is MEI. i.e. truth.

Ramanaduli

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »
The reason for the post is to provide a cautionary warning to Western visitors who might not be fully aware of the problems that can arise in extreme climate. I will certainly wear a hat from now on.

My friend Karthik in Chennai, who also suffers from the problem, says it is an annual thing due to the heat/humidity combination and a lack of protein. He might be right. My hair appears to have started slowly regenerating since returning to the UK two weeks ago.

This year the average afternoon temperature from early April onwards was 43, during the night it fell to 30 for a few hours.

Last year the temperature over the same period was 3-4 degrees lower.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 11:50:31 AM »
Scientifically, Hair loss is also attributed to high tension as well, tension also includes too much dabbling of thoughts intellectually. Spiritual analytical thinking is also no exclusion to this as well!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:55:12 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Astralman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 01:51:48 AM »
Might be a good idea to get a check-up. I have never heard of anyone losing hair because its hot outside!
You should get a blood test - might be vitamins or some kind of worm.
Found this on the web:
"The general reasons for hair loss are certain illness, surgery, prolonged deficiency of certain vitamins, disorder of the thyroid hormone, as a side effect of chemotherapy and exposure to certain toxic substances.
Sometimes small patches of hair loss due to dandruff, ring worm or some other fungal diseases. If diagnosed properly, they can be treated easily."

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »
Dear Astralman,

The sudden hair loss in Tiruvannamalai is due to cell phone signal towers which emit radiation to remove the hair right up to the root.
This is more in hot summer when the hair is wet due to perspiration.  The other major reason is genetic.  My father had a bald head
right at the age of 35. I did not have such a thing. But my son is having it at the age of 30.  This is our family experience.

Arunachala Siva.