Author Topic: Universe Inside The Hill ?  (Read 8539 times)

soham3

• External world is shadow of what is inside you
    • View Profile
Universe Inside The Hill ?
« on: October 31, 2007, 10:28:15 AM »
Bhagawan Sri Ramana said that there is a whole world or universe inside the sacred hill of Arunachala. Did he say it casually in a jocular & lighter vein or it is a real fact ?
O Divine, lead me to dizzy heights of sublimity & loftiness

hsreevidya

Re: Universe Inside The Hill ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 12:00:11 PM »
Bhagawan Sri Ramana said that there is a whole world or universe inside the sacred hill of Arunachala. Did he say it casually in a jocular & lighter vein or it is a real fact ?
[ It is fact. when you are able to see a whole range of things in ordinary consciousness why can 't sages like Bhagavan see a world inside Arunachala hill?

sonagiri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »
To ordinary people something is real if it can be perceived, whereas to Bhagavan the word 'reality' can only be applied to that which is permanent, unchanging, and self-luminous, the latter meaning that it needs no external light for it to be seen. The world inside the hill is not real in this absolute sense, but it was definitely something that Bhagavan 'saw' on visionary or dream visits. He has spoken of seeing yogis and sacred tanks there, and he once said that he saw an empty plinth there and sat on it in the Dakshinamurti pose. He was definitely not joking when he spoke of this world, but at the same time it is not one that can be seen by the usual five senses.

ramaniyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »
thers talk about Yogis still ther , in the same place where they sat ,now for many many years.
Bagavan is supposed to have seen these yogis too,,, they cannot be actually seen .
But when ones mind is totall clear and empty of waste,,then it is supposed to be possible to communicate with them.
The most important thing is that the Rock is calculated to be 2.7 bilion years old,, supposedly the oldest rock on earth.
the possiblity of strong magnetic waves is real.
Ive felt many times this attraction to the Rock.
Now thios nite the first full moon after summer solistice and Pongal,, the Rock is said to be most powerful in its emmisions.
I wish i ahd been able to spend the nite ion the forest there rather than going round the hill on road,, but im doing the road all the same.
When we accept theres things like astal projections,alpha wave flux,cosmic connections and Being in an Ethereal World all those things that Bagvan said will be True.
The verity of that will finally rest in you and me,, when we too experience that,,
cll it Cosmic Conciousness, when my soul and the Soul Of the Lord thenUniversal Spirit will merge,,
I may be there for only a fraction of a second but due to the fact that there will exist nothing like time .space or motion,,it will last me an Eternity !!!
om tat sat !!!

hp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 08:18:49 AM »
Arunachala is such an awesome mystery!! I too have indulged in the audacity of analysing the technicalities of the great mountain and about its electromagnetic effects on the mind, since it is said that mind is also electromagnetic. So when Sri Ramana says that it completely captures the mind, there has to be an underlying practical aspect to it. In the Arunachala Mahatmyam, it is also said that all souls are "stored" there at the end of each kalpa. It is the central heart of the world.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 03:21:47 PM »
Supernova etc., are viewed by Hubble telescope and the like.
Their explosions are registred in computers in NASA.  But
here one needs merger with Brahman, Which is All, to witness
the world and universe inside the Hill and the siddhas who travel
in astral plane.  Bhagavan used to walk slowly on the left side of
the road to give way to the siddhas who are approaching from
the opposite direction.  The antiquity of the Hill has now been
proved by the geologists.  But, where science stops, the realiization
dawns.

mick hutchinson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 04:35:19 AM »
There is another way of viewing this.
like.
ALL is ALL in ALL in ALL is ALL in ALL in ALL.
The world which we seem to see OUTSIDE of us is in reality a picture within us [Albeit made by the mind from cordinated sense perceptions ]
 Everthing that we experience is within ,nothing at all is outside .Therefore Arunchala Hill is within .
Page 106 of Self Realisation .Life and teachings of Ramana Maharishi ,by B.V.NARASIMHA SWAMI.
  " Salutations to the feet of Guru Sri Dakshinamurti ,who sees within himself the entire Universe which resembles the image of a city in a mirror ,which seems to be outside of him just as objects seen in a dream appear to be outside the dreamer ,but which merges into himself in the state of realisation - for then he sees the Himself alone and not the obects he dreamt of "
  I went into a local shop and the shop assitant who I know in a casually friendly way said  , " Have you tried Salvia Divinouram " [ The Holy Herb of the Maztec Tribe  ,still legal in most countries ]
He said " I could see the entire Universe within me " This person new nothing of Yogic teaching about the Cosmic mind or that such an expreience was possble until he tried Salvia.
     When asked whether occult entities and all those odd things were real  Ramana replied that they are real  .When asked WHERE they are he said " within you !! "
In some strange and unfathomable way everything is within ,ALL is ALL in ALL in ALL.
So it must be with Arunchala Hill
Peace

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »
Dear mick,  I agree with you.  The Brhama Jnani  is the greatest
Siddha.  In that way, Ramana is a super-Suddha, Who knows
everything.  He has said once:  " I live in 20 lokas simulataneously,
and everywhere some people are sitting before me (as you are
sitting)."   Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 11:13:20 AM »
Dear MagicOPromotion,

That is again one way of looking at the mystery of Arunachala.
It baffles people, both believers and non-believers.  And that
is true.  There are a lot of particles whose nature and structure
science is yet to unfathom.  In the Swiss-French border, people are working at 'discovery' of God's Particle or Higgs Particle,
the primary Source, from which the entire universe took its
birth.  This project is called Large Hadron Collider Experiment
and they have so far failed.  Stephen Hawking the author
of the famous science books [not fiction], like the Brief
History of Time, the illustrious Lucasian Professor of Mathematics in Cambridge, has said that god's particle can never be unravelled.

Because to search for God outside is a waste becaue the god is within you.  That is why Brahma Jnanis have found the universe
within them and if they have done it, why not Arunachala can
contain the entire universe, with all its riches and pleasures.
[Arunachala Mahatmyam].

Bhagavan Ramana said that Arunachala is the axis of the earth
and there must be some mysterious hill on the other side of the
earth, to balance.  Major Chadwick try to find out from some
books on geography, but could not succeed.  But now after
50 years, some scientists have found out one Mount Pacchu,
near Peru in South America, which is very powerful religiously
as per the aborigines of that place.  I have written sometime
back about the lattitude and longitide details of this Mount
Pacchu, in the Forum.

Jnanis words never fail.

Arunachala Siva.