Author Topic: Where is the room for doubt II  (Read 1096 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
Where is the room for doubt II
« on: April 16, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »
A devotee appealed to sri bhagavan that when he remembered his form his mind should be strengthened  and that response should come from his side; and that he should not be left to his individual efforts which he knew to be very weak. Sri Bhagavan graciously replied: "Grace is the self. I have already said;' If you remember bhagavan, you are prompted to do so by the self (grace)'. Is not grace already there? Is there a moment when grace is not operating in you? Your rememberence is the forerunner of grace. That is the response, that is the stimulus. That is the self and that is grace."

[Talks, No.251]

The very doubt 'will i have grace?' is to be eschewed. Bhagavan says this very doubt ' Can I have it' or the feeling 'I have not got it' are the obstacles. " be free from these also" encourages sri Bhagavan!

[Sri. V. Ganesan, Mountain Path, 1987-Oct, 17/18]

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Where is the room for doubt II
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:57:17 PM »
Dear SLakshmi,

Yes.

Bhagavan Ramana says:  "Guru's Grace is always there, ever present, and it is a limitless ocean of nectar.  But one who approaches Guru should take a large vessel, (remembrance, prayer and meditation on Him) and then take it in bountiful quantity.  If you are niggardly and
carry only a teacup, one will be able to take only one cup of that
grace.  Guru is not niggardly.  His grace is not niggardliness.  It
is immeasurably large and bountiful. 

Arunachala Siva.