Author Topic: Nisargadatta Maharaj & Sri Ramana  (Read 3343 times)

soham3

• External world is shadow of what is inside you
    • View Profile
Nisargadatta Maharaj & Sri Ramana
« on: October 31, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »
Nisargadatta Maharaj & Sri Ramana were the two big spiritual guns of twentieth century. How do they compare themselves with each other ?  I mean in stature, teachings and levels of realization.
O Divine, lead me to dizzy heights of sublimity & loftiness

sonagiri

• View Profile
Re: Nisargadatta Maharaj & Sri Ramana
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »
Bhagavan once told Narayana Iyer, 'There are no jnanis. Jnana alone is'. If you are a jnani, you don't see anyone as either enlightened or unenlightened. You simply abide as the Self. The idea that some beings are more enlightened than others only exists for people who think that they are unenlightened.
   I have heard that Nisargadatta had the utmost respect for Bhagavan. As for Bhagavan, he didn't see anything as other than his own Self, and he certainly never graded people as being more or less enlightened than himself.

N K Srinivasan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 06:30:26 AM »
Dear Ramana Follower,
It is difficult to compare two realized souls,except in terms of empirical/physical matters such as their height,weight, time and year of birth and so on---such info is anyway useless.As for the teachings there could be small differences and approaches mainly due to different times and environment  of the gurus and the limitation of the language used.
As for me, both the jnanis cared for their devotees ---one living inthe heart of Mumbai and another in a small temple town but close to Chennai[madras] a large city.They did not retire to forest or in the caves of the  Himalayas...How fortunate were those thousands of devotees who thronged them--including my father who had visited Ramana several times and received their Grace!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »
Perhaps, Raju Balsekhar (Refer: Advaita, Buddha and the Unbroken
Whole, Zen Publications, Mumbai) has read in detail about both
Ramana and Nisargadutta Maharaj.  He kept a picture of Bhagavan,
in his study above his desk.  He says that both are realized souls and
guides for humanity.  What I feel is that Bhagavan realized the Self,
and then came to Arunachala to practise "tapas" for the sake of
devotees and heard and read, and wrote books, again for the sake of devotees.  In the case of Nisarga Dutta Maharaj, it was the usual order
reading, tapas and realization.