Author Topic: Rules?  (Read 2643 times)

RobertAdam

• View Profile
Rules?
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
Is there anything i should know whilst posting here?

I just read that we can not mention gurus that have not been dead for 50 years, is that serious!?

There are many teachers nowadays teaching self inquiry, it seems strange to say they can't be talked about in a Ramana Maharshi forum
Ramana has spawned a huge upsurge in this timeless teaching of self invesitgation, i feel we should embrace it in all its forms?
Im not challenging the forum, if thats the rules, then so be it...
'Be the Self, That is all'

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Rules?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »
Dear RobertAdam,

Some stray references can be made in posts.  Commentaries
of others can be quoted with due reference to the source, and
even here, it should be limited.

Arunachala Siva.     

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
Dear Robert,

I have refrained from responding to your query because it only creates controversy. But I made the rule for some very good reasons.

As the title of this forum states, it is dedicated to Arunachala and Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi.

Arunachala is reputed to be Lord Siva incarnate in the form of a mountain and just being here is a blessing itself. Bhagavan was without doubt a real Jnani of the highest order. His words are available to everyone, in a clear and precise manner that go straight to the heart. The puranas are also there to be read and absorbed.

It is my view and that of thousands of others, that no further elucidation is required, but there are always exceptions.

So now we come to my responsibility.

In my fourteen years of coming to Arunachala, 11 of which were spent inside the ashram, I witnessed the antics of many of these modern gurus, heard the stories of lust, greed and power and saw many things that deeply disturbed me, but it is not my job to stand in judgement of others, there is power far higher than me that will and does do that, as we have often witnessed here.

This website in both its incarnations as ramana-maharshi.org and arunachala-ramana.org is considered to be something of a reference site and therefore has a responsibility to its visitors to neither knowingly or inadvertently lead them in the wrong direction.

Finally and perhaps most important:

It is said that to help someone to overcome the cycle of birth and death is the greatest service that you can render to God. It is also said that to disturb someone's faith in God is the one crime that is never forgiven. So I selfishly took the decision to limit the site and forum to the subjects listed above, all of which are safe.

Graham
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:26:40 PM by Graham »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »
Dear Sri Graham,

Namaste.  I also thank you for your lucid clarification, which sets
at rest, many many doubts and questions in the matter.  Thank you.

Arunachala Siva.