Author Topic: DELETED.  (Read 10507 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: subashitani of Sri Adi Sankaracharya
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »
Thanks a lot Udai Garu.

I heard about Swami Suddhananda garu in this very forum itself when i was reading archives.

I will see those videos when ever time permits.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »
Dear Udai Garu,

Just imagine someone , without understanding law of gravitation, talking superstitions like some god is making the ball fall etc ... what would you call him?

Even to understand law of gravitation we need Intelligence and we should not forget that it is by grace of god we have got it.

There is nothing wrong and it is not superstition to say god is making the ball fall. why only ball tell me what is possible in this world without god's grace :-)

Bg Gita Ch10 Text 4-5

Intelligence, knowledge, freedom from doubt and delusion, forgiveness, truthfulness, self-control and calmness, pleasure and pain, birth, death, fear, fearlessness, nonviolence, equanimity, satisfaction, austerity, charity, fame and infamy are created by Me alone.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
I agree with you Udai garu.

Well 100% Self Effort is necessary and as guru ramana says "Grace is there practice is necessary"

Mere Intellectual Understanding is of no use without practice is of no use

One morning in 1944, a disciple approached Bhagavan with an air of supplication and said, “Bhagavan, I would like to read books and find out a path whereby I can attain mukti,but I do not know how to read. What shall I do? How can I realise mukti?” Bhagavan said, “What does it matter if you are illiterate? It is enough if you know your own Self.” “All people here are reading books, but I am not able to do that.What shall I do?” he said.

Stretching out his hand towards the disciple, Bhagavan said, “What do you think the book is teaching? You see yourself and then see me. It is like asking you to see yourself in a mirror. The mirror shows only what is on the face. If you see the mirror after washing your face, the face will appear to be clean. Otherwise the mirror will say there is dirt here, come back after washing. A book does the same thing. If you read the book after realising the Self, everything will be easily understood. If you read it before realising the Self, you will see ever so many defects. It will say, ‘First set yourself right and then see me.’ That is all. First see your Self. Why do you worry yourself about all that book learning?”

Source: Letters from and Recollections of Sri Ramanasramam Book

Not theory, mind you. Not reading books. . . . [Not parroting.] My old Master used to say, "It is all very good to teach the parrot to say, 'Lord, Lord, Lord' all the time; but let the cat come and take hold of its neck, it forgets all about it" [You may] pray all the time, read all the scriptures in the world, and worship all the gods there are, [but] unless you realise the soul there is no freedom. Not talking, theorising, argumentation, but realisation. That I call practical religion. - Swami Vivekananda

Many people think they cannot have knowledge or understanding of God without reading books. But hearing is better than reading, and seeing is better than hearing. Hearing about Benares is different from reading about it; but seeing Benares is different from either hearing or reading. (p. 863)  - Sri Rama krishna

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 04:50:16 PM »
Udai Garu you are right but what i want to say is mere intellectual understanding without practice is of no use.

I think you had written in the forum about The story of Two Pots as told by Swami Dayananda saraswathi...

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=3091.0

So sravanam,manam,nidhidyasanam should be done in the order wise.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »
Excellent explanation Udai garu.

Yes guru ramana says, “One should act in the world like an actor on the stage. In all actions there is in the background the real Self as the underlying principle; remember that and act.”

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
Yes, 100% agree with you Udai garu.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »
By strong conviction and faith that 'i am not the mind' hence no thoughts can control me.

Infact according to swami vivekananda this is the one difference between animals and humans.

One is control of thoughts/senses and other is viceversa.

So a human who cannot control thoughts/senses is a mere animal.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »
Excellent explanation udai garu.

Please go ahead in explaning how to control thoughts.

Even Yudhistara in Mahabharata could not control his thoughts and continued playing dice opposite Sakuni.

He was so passionate when playing dice and could not control thoughts and faced the consequenes later as known.

Peace of mind is what we need to achieve.

"Rajo Guna" (Mode of Passion) associated with the mind and unkilled ego are the culprits.

When the mind becomes conditioned by the mode of passion, the symptoms of great attachment, uncontrollable desire, hankering, and intense endeavor develop.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »
Excellent Explanation Udai Garu.

As guru ramana says,

Small desires such as the desire to eat, drink and sleep and attend to calls of nature, though these may also be classed among desires, you can safely satisfy. They will not implant vasanas in your mind, necessitating further birth. Those activities are just necessary to carry on life and are not likely to develop or leave behind vasanas or tendencies. As a general rule, therefore, there is no harm in satisfying a desire where the satisfaction will not lead to further desires by creating vasanas in the mind. (Day by Day with Bhagavan, 12th April, 1946)

As discussed  by udia garu and Dr Raju Garu in the forum previously

Ahamkara vritti's non presence is required. but idamkara vritti is basic necessity for us to function, talk, speak etc is fine.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »
In Bhagavad Gita Chapter 16 they mention about these 3 evil qualities.

Ch16 Text 21

There are three gates leading to this hell--lust, anger and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul.

Ch16 Text 22

The man who has escaped these three gates of hell, O son of Kunti, performs acts conducive to self-realization and thus gradually attains the supreme destination.

Jealousy comes only in duality only.

In Nan Yaar 15th Paragraph Bhagavan ramana says,

All that one gives to others one is giving only to oneself. If [everyone] knew this truth, who indeed would refrain from giving?