Author Topic: The role of thought in daily life By Dr. P. V. S. Suryanarayana Raju  (Read 6611 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Thought has it's place when action is required even in the case of saints. We should not give place to thoughts in our mind which are out of context and not in anyway required and for many it became such a strong habit that it is impossible to stop the thought flow.

A person of the caliber of Sri Ganapathi Sastri who has mantra siddhi could not control the thought traffic and missed self-realization even in the close association of Bhagawan.He has strong sastra vasana (The tendency to gather information rather than experiencing the thing) and loka vasana (Tendency to indulge in worldly affairs)and for many years he is district congress president and he wanted whole India to have cement roads because he strongly felt that world is real and we should work for it's welfare, though Bhagawan told him that waking state is also a dream.

Because he gave attention to such thoughts he missed the quintessence of Bhagawan's teaching and missed the self. To fulfill basic needs we require only few thoughts for action. But we are indulging in unnecessary thinking and action, which i feel should be curtailed in sadhana(Spiritual discipline) stage. This is very vital. Thought traffic is reduced when one is in uninterrupted awareness,(Sada Apramada) as told by Sanat kumara.

Source: The Book on Self Enquiry By Dr. P. V. S. Suryanarayana Raju

Note: Dr. P. V. S. Suryanarayana Raju is none other than our forum member Dr Raju in this forum.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: The role of thought in daily life By Dr. P. V. S. Suryanarayana Raju
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »
Well said Udai Garu.

Lack of conviction and lack of faith in guru/scriptures are primary reasons.

Udai garu it reminds me of the beautiful story of Two Pots you posted earlier in this forum As Told By Swami Dayananda Saraswathi.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The role of thought in daily life By Dr. P. V. S. Suryanarayana Raju
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »
Dr. Raju sent me this book to my Bangalore address and I was very pleased to read
that and write about it in this forum.  Later he also sent me the pdf copy of the
Sri Arunachala Aksharamanamalai, and I made a few observations and he took them
graciously.

Arunachala Siva.