Author Topic: Heart and Heart-centre  (Read 1997 times)

Akira

Heart and Heart-centre
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:16:49 PM »
Are Heart and Heart-centre the same or different?

amiatall

Re: Heart and Heart-centre
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »
To my mind heart is the center.

Words depend on the context in which it is spoken. Thus it can be location in the body of a physical organ, or can be a core etc.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:56:22 AM »
Heart Centre is the place recommended by Bhagavan, for the seekers.  Heart is Atma.
Heart=Atma=Arunachala.  The whole universe is in the Heart.

Arunachala Siva.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 03:00:49 PM »
Cave of the Heart:

Yo veda nihitam guhayam parame vyoman so'snute sarvan kaman saha brahmana vipascita
- Taittiriya Upanishad

This is an oracle in the second section of the Taittiriya Upanishad which gives us the secret of the final attainment of bliss and freedom. This satyam jnanam anantam brahma, this Supreme Truth-Knowledge-Bliss-Infinity is, of course, as has been mentioned before, everywhere. It is also hidden deeply in the cave of your own heart - nihitam guhayam. Guha is the cave, the deepest recess of your own being. That is verily this Ultimate Being. You have to be very cautious in not allowing this thought to slip out at any time - namely, your deepest recess of existence cannot be outside the deepest recess of the cosmos. The all-encompassing nature of Brahman also envelops your basic being.
- Swami Krishnananda

Thus realizing the nature of the Parmaatamaa, the one who is in the cavity of the Heart, who is without parts (or body), without a second, the witness of all, beyond both existence and non-existence, one attains the very nature of the Parmaatamaa.
- Kaivalya Upanishad

My Beloved dwells in the cave of my Heart. O God, shatter the wall of doubt; please grab hold of me, and lift me up towards Yourself. 
The world-ocean is so vast and deep; please be kind, lift me up and place me on the shore.
In the Spiritual Company, God's Feet (Divine Name) are the boat to carry us across.
The One who placed you in the womb of your mother’s belly — no one else shall save you in the wilderness of corruption.
The power of God's Sanctuary is all-powerful;
Nanak does not rely on any other.
- Guru Granth Sahib

There is a beautiful place Within this cave of the Heart.
- Guru Granth Sahib

The Unstruck Melody resounds and resonates in Sahaj. I rejoice in the Eternal Bliss by engaging in the (Guru's) Shabad. (Because of this) I sit in Samadhi in the cave of Sahaj absorbed or established (in the feet of) the Highest Lord.
- Guru Granth Sahib

Who knows that which is hidden in the Heart's secret cave, he cuts here and now, my dear, the knot of ignorance.
- Mundaka Upnishad
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Akira

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »
Thank you for your replies.

Some people say you should concentrate on Heart-centre.
Yet some people, like David Godman, say just the opposite.

http://sri-ramana-maharshi.blogspot.com/2008/07/meditation-on-heart-centre.html

So I am confused.

Akira

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »
Are there Heart-centres for animals as well?
There must be.  Where are they?
On the right side of the chest?  It varies from animal to animal?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »
Heart or the Self is there for all living beings.  The Upanishads says it is smaller than
the smallest atom and bigger than the biggest thing that could be conceived.  Heart
Centre is essentially for the seeker who wants to meditate in the beginning.  If animals
too want to meditate, (who can say, they are not meditating?)  Heart Centre is also there,
but where is It, one should ask only them.  Because it is not a physical organ, which
can be found out in an anatomy class.

Arunachala Siva.