Author Topic: T.R. Kanakammal, again!  (Read 1714 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
T.R. Kanakammal, again!
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:30:10 AM »
I was listening Nochur's Satsangh CD on Ulladu Narpadu in Chennai.  It was in
July 2009.  He had covered Verses 26 to 35, about 10 verses covering 7 days
spanning about 9 hours totally. 

T.R. Kanakammal was physically present in the first row!  Nochur became emotional.
He has said:  I am going to T'malai since my 15th year.  Every year, I used to spend
some valuable time with TRK.  No one can explain Ulladu Narpadu like TRK.  She has
in fact told about Ulladu Narpadu in such a simple manner that any one could under
stand quite easily.  Her books have come now.  Still, nothing equals her direct
teaching.  Today she is sitting.  It is like Hanuman listening to Ramayanam when
Tulsi Das discoursed in Kasi.  I am very happy and fortunate.

TRK merged with Bhagavan on 1.1. 2010.

Arunachala Siva.

pottivenu

• View Profile
Re: T.R. Kanakammal, again!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »
Pranams at the holy feet of Bhagavan.

You are correct - I was listening to the same one over the last few days - UN 5th session during 2009 in Chennai when he starts with the story of Hanuman being present when Tulasidas does Ramayan - he mentions about TRK being present and how she has been instrumental in UN becoming so accessible to all of us and how as a small child he used to be associated with her and how she told him about incidents when Bhagavan was present in his physical form in Ashram. He remembered how as a 15 year old he was able to grasp Bhagavan's Nan Yar since it had lot of Sanskrit usage and how UN was full of pure Tamil.

You would have listened to the recent upload in Geetham where one of our colleagues had uploaded the keynote address that he delivered in Ramana Maharshi Centre in Bangalore during January 2010 - where he mentioned about how TRK merged at the lotus feet of Bhagavan. I was present during the Satsang and infact did not know about TRK leaving her body till then. I was hoping that TRK may be present for the occassion since she was present the year before during the same even at RMCL. I still have not been able to visit Ashram to meet TRK and was hoping to meet her here - but that was not to be...

I did manage to get TRK's Ullatu Narpatu commentry in English from there.

Hari OM
Venugopal

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: T.R. Kanakammal, again!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:19:05 PM »
Dear Venugopal,

I am happy that you were in Chennai Satsangh when TRK was present.  I have not
seen her at all.  Even on 1st Jan 2010, my wife saw her entering, but she was entering
from the female partition and I could not see her.  I have got her English commenary
for the Volume 1.  But I read the Tamil volumes and it appeals to me more.

Brahmasri Nochur said:  Bhagavan knows Sanskrit even as a young boy.  To say
that He had learnt Sanskrit from Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni is not fully correct.
In Naan Yaar, Tamil, He has used many Sanskrit words, Vak, PaNi, Upastam, Sakshus,
Jihva, Grana, Swarupam, etc., etc.,  But in Ulladu Narpadu, you can not find even
one Sanskrit word.  The world Ulladu in verious modified forms appear 14 times in
the first verse!

Arunachala Siva.