Author Topic: Visit to Ashram  (Read 9160 times)

talluriravi

• View Profile
Visit to Ashram
« on: October 02, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »
Dear Sir,

I am Planning to visit Sri Ramanasramam soon. Could you please let me know how can I come to thiruvannamalai from Pune? Should I come through Chennai? What is the nearest airport and railway station to Thiruvannammalai?

Thanks
Ravi

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Visit to Ashram
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 06:39:21 PM »
Dear talluriravi,

From Pune, you can come down to Chennai by flight or train.
From Chennai, you can come down to Tiruvannamalai, either
by private car or by bus service.  The distance is 190 Kms.
The private cab covers it in 5 hours and the bus by 6 1/2
hours.  There could be some stops for lunch, snacks and coffee/tea.

In Tiruvannamalai and inside the Asramam, the timings etc.,
have been given by me in many posts under Ashram/Arunachala
topics.  Please go through them.

Arunachala Siva.

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 07:25:58 PM »
Thank you very much. I will plan my trip based on your information.

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 06:50:14 PM »
Hello,

I am coming to the Ashram on 27th of this month. Fortunately I got the accommodation in Ramanasramam. I will by flying to Chennai and I will be there in Chennai 7:30 a.m. I would like to take a bus from Chennai to Thiruvannamalai. Could somebody let me know where should I go to get the bus? Do I need to do do any reservation in the bus?
Thanks
Ravi

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:58:34 PM »
Dear Talluriravi,

There is no good answer unless you can share a car to the ashram with a few others. From the airport, one option is to take the bus from Koyambedu terminus. The advantage is you will get a seat for the 5 hour journey. Buses run every 20 minutes or so. The disadvantage is the trip to Koyambedu from the airport could cost you around Rs 150 by auto. The other option is to catch the bus at Guindy which is nearer the airport. But you cannot be assured of a seat. Are you prepared to stand for 4 hours or more in a bus? If taking the bus, give yourself enough time and catch one of the Express buses. You may want to get some food as well since you will not be able to reach the ashram for lunch if you start after 7.30. Have a good trip.

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:12:41 PM »
Thank you..I am thinking of going to the koyembedu bus station and catch a bus in which I can get a seat...

pkravi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:08:30 AM »
Dear Ravi,

My sincerer apologies for not replying to your message on Orkut. I have been off orkut for some time. I see that you have directions to Tiruvanamalai from many Bhaktas.I do not want to add to it.

Regards
ravipk

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 07:09:05 PM »
Hello all,

My trip to Arunachalam went on very well. Thanks for all your help. I stayed in the pleasant Ramanasramam from evening of 27th Feb to the morning of 3rd Mar. I felt I am blessed to visit this place and spend some time in the presence of Bhagawan Sri Ramana maharshi and his beloved Arunachala. I am heart fully saying that I absolutely felt the presence of Ramana Maharshi. Tears rolled out of my eyes when I first saw the conch statue of Sri ramana. It was amazing to see the beautiful slopes of Arunachala during Girivalayam. How fortunate we should be to see the peak of Arunachala from the courtyard of Sri Ramana. I felt how he might have spent his time in the great Arunachala temple, Patala Lingam, Virupaksha cave and Skandasramam. Truely its an amazing experience

The one thing that burnt my heart was when people are casually taking snaps of the Samadhi of Sri Ramana. As we all feel Ramana to be present there, I felt bad when people are clicking their Camera's on samadhi. Those photos are available in the book store and I thought could have purchased from which I did.

Thanks again one and all..

Arunachala Ramana
Ramanachala Aruna..

Ravi

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 10:57:55 AM »
Dear telluravi,

Thanks for the post.  If one could shed tears in His Presence, that is a sure indication,
that you will be taken care of, by Him.

Arunachala Siva.

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »
Thank you very much grhluna and Subramanian...

One strange thing happened to me in the main temple...I went to the temple..It looked a bit complex to me..Somehow I got hold of the 1000 pillared temple and the patala lingam..I spent some time thinking of how Ramana might have spent there oblivious of all the suffering due to the bites by small creatures....Then immediately I went to the rajagopuram and try to dramtize the situation how all the gates till the sanctum sactorium were open inviting Ramana...
The strange thing was I didn't visit the main shrine the annamalai...I went there ..and there was a  Q..somehow I thought I came to see how ramana spent his life here..so my job is done..and immediately returned back not visiting the Lord...
I dont know whether I have done anything wrong in that....I sincerely hope not...

One more thing was..I met a sadhu on the Arunachala hill..he claimed himself as wandering sadhu on Aruna hill..He asked a couple of questions that why did I like Ramana..and he told that he want to come to Pune..to visit Bheema shankar and took my address..He asked to help him financially when ever he come to Pune..and finally gave me Ramana's photo.. I didn't understand what does he meant by that?
Did any of you met that kind of sadhu's?

Thanks
Ravi

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »
Dear telluravi,

Thanks for nice description of your experiences.  The Sadhus are aplenty in Arunachala.
Some of them may be bogus.  Definitely money part of it.  Once I met a person in
the Hill.  He gave me a small piece of rock, about the size of an eraser and said
that that was from summit and it was very helpful for keeps.  I paid him Rs 20.00!
I asked an inmate.  He smilingly said: "You might have been duped.  Does not matter.
If Arunachala is Brahman, the small piece is also Brahman.  Brahman cut out from
Brahman is also Brahman.  Everything is Poornam.,"

The Patala Lingam shrine, you are seeing now.  You must have seen when Bhagavan
Ramana was there. It was near-completely dilapitated.  All gravel, dust, rock pieces,
cactus growth.  Smt Talyarkhan renovated it in 1949. 

Arunachala Siva.

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 08:03:51 PM »
Thanks for your kind and warm responses...I feel fortunate to share my experiences with many ardent devotees of Sri Ramana...

I have one more question. I climbed the Arunachala from backside of the Ramanshramam. At the starting point..I saw some huts and after about a 100 meters I saw 1/2 persons..Keenly watching the visitors...May I know who are those..and what do they do on the hill...

I heard that Bhagawan has been living in the current Ramasramam area from 1922...I also read that there used to small huts/houses before the current buildings..Please correct me if I go wrong anywhere in the chronology...I would like to know in which area of the current Ramanasramama Ramana used to live before the construction of the old hall as well as the temple...

Thanks
Ravi

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 09:25:37 AM »
Dear telluravi,

Bhagavan Ramana was living in a hut near the thatched shed
over Mother's Samadhi.  The devotees did not want to keep the
Samadhi under open sky and so a thatched shed was put up.
There again, was built a hut where Bhagavan Ramana and a few
others (perhaps Kunju Swami ) were staying.  It is in the year
1922.  The Old Hall and kitchen were done with Annamalai Swami's
supervision a little later.  The photograph is available in Osborne's
book.

Arunachala Siva. 

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »
Thanks for the information Subramaian sir..