Author Topic: Ramana Maharshi says Jnani will never feel any attachment towards His body  (Read 989 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Just as a coolie carries a burden and happily places it down at the destination, so also the great knower of reality [mey-jnani] will be happy to place down the burden of this body.

Sadhu Om: A coolie will never feel any attachment in the form of ‘I’ or ‘mine’ towards the burden he is carrying. Similarly, a Jnani will never feel any attachment towards His body either in the form ‘I am this body’ or in the form ‘this body is mine’. Just as a leaf-plate is fit only to be discarded after one has taken food on it, so the body is fit only to be discarded after Self-knowledge – the fruit which is to be gained by living in the body – has been attained. By the death of the body, the Jnani will incur no loss and will feel no sorrow.

Source: GURU VACHAKA KOVAI The Light of Supreme Truth or THE COLLECTION OF GURU’S SAYINGS translated from original Tamil By Sadhu Om and Michael James

Guru Vachaka Kovai is the biggest collection of Bhagavan’s spoken teachings that was thoroughly checked and revised by him during his lifetime. As such it has a unique place in the Ramana literature.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear prasanth,

After realization, the body itself is a burden and one has to go through the motions
as per prarabhdha, without bothering about how the body would age and annihilate
itself.  Sri Sankara says in Viveka Choodamani: "Let the body like a yellowed leaf
fall near Siva's temple, or in a river or in a forest.  What do I care?"

Arunachala Siva.