Author Topic: Ramana Maharshi explains How to get rid of fear?  (Read 16262 times)

amiatall

Re: Ramana Maharshi explains How to get rid of fear?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 06:47:25 PM »
Dear amiatall,

a particular thought comes at a particular time and it just happens as hearing and seeing do.

to conclude: it is really ignorant to say that you do something.

For the benefit of others, you may want to address the examples of Hitler and other butchers in history based on your explanation. You could have certainly saved this world the millions that was wasted in Nuremburg. ;D

Why should i want address something which is the past or an imagination only? I am more concerned about now and this moment, to say the truth i don't know much what is happening now and you introducing some kind of 'world' and 'others' which i am not experiencing.
I like your humor anyway.

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 09:39:08 PM »
Dear srkudai,

What is experience more than a mental state or thoughts? Experience is no different from imagination

Tonight imagine that you ate dinner without taking food. Same tomorrow and following days for all your meals. In due course you may feel exhausted but simply imagine your stomach is full and you love the experience, er, imagination.  ;D

P.S: Food must not be wasted. I will consume yours. :)  Now, that is an experience. ;D

How do you think repeating a sutra with experience is going to be different from without experience?

Ah, perhaps a possible justification for being a 'sound' gramaphone.  :)

Repeat a statement that high temperature is 100C. Next put a finger in boiling water and then describe what is  high temperature at 100C.  That is called putting a finger on the issue.  ;D

P.S: Damage to any finger is not my responsibility. It is only Siva thandavam! ;D  So sayeth a gramaphone best seller. ;D

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 01:13:34 AM »
iam drunk..heinecken

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 01:30:56 AM »
anyway I feel that sadhak is triing to show skrudai that he is not enlightened...

but i guess skrudai knows that he is not awake...but maybe he is awake? I dont know...I dont even know if iam awake? or sleeping...Iam too stupid to tell you

anyway because iam (or am I not?) in ignorance about my true state of beeing I should not judge others who are on the path.

you see I dont know about my own state of affairs why worrie about others?

I for myself guess you want to show him the truth or? and the truth is (for you) that he is not a jnani?

but then dear sadhak you try to show him a lie, or not?

there is just this moment, thats all...

you can say to someone: "hey buddy, the way you talk is not very wise, you just use the same terms again and again...you have not realized this moment"...I mean its totally sensless

because this moment is this moment, for you for me for skrudai...and nobody has ever realized it, no one..its allready realized...thats advaita or do I missunderstand this whole thing? if Iam awake or not is totally uninteressting, and if someone else is realized or not is also uninteressting..or not?

when scriptures and sages say there is no such thing like an enlightened or unenlightened person, why worry about such projections?

I mean its boring...and sensless...

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »
It is time to try a different brand of drink.  ;D

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 08:11:53 AM »
The equation "Self=you" is very good.
Without this there are chances of irrelevant calculations.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »
Yes, the equation is very good and would have cut the food budget for the ashram. ;D  The Self does not need food, neither do we.  ;D

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »
All that goes up, has to come down.

Dust to Dust, Ashes to Ashes.

This is the concept of putting Vibhuti or ashes on our forehead everyday. Everything, every ideas, concepts, this side, that side, body, etc... all will be burned eventually.

Death if inevitable for all that is born!

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »
That is also true.
Everyone knows how much trouble we take to survive, to earn for livelihood.
So the equation needs updating:

Version2:
Equations:
1. Self = you
2. Self + maya = body
3. Self + maya = mind

Constraints of creation:
1. body require food for survival
2. mind require thoughts for survival

However there is a beauty of dependency beyond the constraints. That within a bigger cycle, every life is dependent on each other. That we earn to buy food, the farmer grows the food, the little earthworm clears the soil, the sun provides the energy and so on.

So within the constraints of creation is hidden the unity of life.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
Equations could still be wrong. If Self is complete, one cannot add anything to it. :)  If you are able to add, it may not be the Self.  :)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 10:32:13 AM »
The equation, I think, is correct.  Because Maya is zero and it gives a
falsity of mind and body which is not there.

Arunachala Siva.   

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
dear sadhak

in fact heinecken is my favourit beer

and it is part of my path to enlightment...

anyway I dont think that I will have fun running against that brickwall of an discussion  :D

so i rejoice in watching

matthias

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »
Dear matthias,

Code: [Select]
in fact heinecken is my favourit beer and it is part of my path to enlightment...
Don't count on it.  ;D  It ain't making it.  :)

anyway I dont think that I will have fun running against that brickwall of an discussion 

:o Don't give up so soon on your explanation that all is Self, there is no wall at all, everything is imaginary. Keep the faith in your theory, er, heineken.  ;D 

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 10:29:46 PM »
dear sadhak I admit, I lost the battle

you have shown the world that my theory that everyhting is the self is just made up thought forms  :-[

you have shown the world that Iam not self realized, and that Iam just a fraud, a bad bad liar :-[

you also showed me that heinecken is not hte path to enlightment....iam thankfull for your teaching  :-[

::)

anyway I think it is important that you are on that mission...whatever it is  :D

matthias

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 10:40:27 PM »
Dear matthias,

You have spoken like a true devotee.  ;D  That is what the world needs.  ;D

From now on, WE are on a mission together.  :)  No separation between guru and devotee you see.  ;D  Confirmed by Ramana himself.

My teaching is free for you and comes with my grace that you have felt already. :)

Just hand over the keys to the heineken cellar as your dakshina. ;D  You will also learn detachment in this process.  ;D