Author Topic: Rise of thought-Attention  (Read 9821 times)

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Re: Rise of thought-Attention
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 08:02:36 PM »
Dear Raju ji

Unless we attend to the thought how does the action take place. I think it is possible for those who attained self realisation. They are immersed within themselves. But for an ordinary people like me I think it is necessary to give attention to our thought. Thought may be good and bad. So we need budhi to justify before puting into action. For an instance I have a thought not to watch Tv. instead reading Bhagavan's book. Unless I pay attention I never read it. Sometimes we do never have any thing to do like lying on bed with sickness. That time we can just watch all the thoughts. It is my view. I may be wrong.

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,
                       Thought has it's place when action is required even in the case of saints.We should not give place to thoughts in our mind
which are out of context and not in anyway required and for many it became such a strong habit that it is impossible to stop the thought flow.
A person of the caliber of Sri Ganapathi Sastri who has mantra siddhi could not control the thought traffic and missed self-realisation even in the
close association of Bhagawan.He has strong sastra vasana and loka vasana and for many years he is district congress president and he wanted
whole India to have cement roads because he strongly felt that world is real and we should work for it's welfare,though Bhagawan told him
that waking state is also a dream.Because he gave attention to such thoughts he missed the quintessence of Bhagawan's teaching and missed
the self.To fulfil basic needs we require only few thoughts for action.But we are indulging in unnecessary thinking and action,which i feel should
be curtailed in sadhana stage.This is very vital.Thought traffic is reduced when one is in uninterrupted awareness,Sada Apramada as told by
Sanat kumara.
pvssnraju

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »
Dear Sir

Adding to my previous mail, I want to share something. in the light of Self, we know some thing is trigger in the brain cell which becomes thought. If it is repeated unknowingly we pay attention. Some thought may come due to our previous vasanas. This may be good or bad thought. If we have enough punyam and with the grace of Guru we may follow the good thought. Before puting into action this thought there comes Sankalpa. I heard many times even God also have sankalpa. which we call it Daiva sankalpa. Long time ago I read in Adi Sankara's comments.  The worm how it has wings and breaking the house of its, flies away. because everytime the bee stings the worm, it starts thinking I should fly away. So here the thought only puts the worm into higher level. Thoughts have tremendous power. I think there is nothing wrong to have thoughts but we should have positive thoughts only. Unless we have a guru we do not know whether our thoughts and attention is good or not.Every now and then we can ask His guidence.  Am I right?

Ramanaduli

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,
                       Sada Apramada reduces unwanted thought traffic because it withdraws our attention from the nonself.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »
Dear Ramanduli,  The one thought, "Who am I?" causes,
as Raju said, apramada, the cleaning up of all the other thoughts.
This thought takes one to the merger of the Self and that thought
also burns up eventually, like the stick that is used in stirring the
funeral pyre.  (Who am I?)

Arunachala Siva.