Author Topic: Ramana Maharshi comments about Lord krishna Universal Form  (Read 3384 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Ramana Maharshi comments about Lord krishna Universal Form
« on: February 22, 2010, 01:50:44 PM »
V - Visitor in Ramana Asharam
Bh - Ramana Maharshi

V. Arjuna saw the Divine Form of Sri Krishna. Was that vision true?

Bh. Sri Krishna started the discourse in Chapter II of the Bhagavad Gita with: “I have no form,” etc., but in Chapter XI, He said: “I transcend the three worlds . . . ,” yet Arjuna saw these in Him. Again Sri Krishna said: “I am Time.” Does time have a form? If the universe is His form, should it not be uniform and changeless, He being the Changeless One? The solution to these apparent contradictions lies in His statement to Arjuna: “See in Me all you desire to see. . . ,” which means that His form varies according to the desires and conceptions of the seer. Men speak of divine visions, yet paint them differently with the seer himself in the scene. Even hypnotists can make one see strange scenes and phenomena, which you condemn as tricks and jugglery,whereas the former you extol as Divine. Why is this difference? The fact is that all sights are unreal, whether they come from the senses or the mind as pure concepts. THIS IS THE TRUTH.

Source: GURU RAMANA MEMORIES AND NOTES book

viswanathan

Re: Ramana Maharshi comments about Lord krishna Universal Form
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »
The study of Drg Drsya viveka by Shankara will help us to understand  very clearly the difference between the seer and seen and it is explained in the very first sloka.As per Drg-Drsya-Viveka,the seer(subject) is the conscience and  whatever that is  seen(object) is inert.This is the golden rule.Due to our intense sadhana,even the god may appear to us in human form but what appears as god is nothing but seen(object)  and hence it is inert.As you quoted from  Bhagavan's reply from Guru Ramana,  all sights are unreal, whether they come from the senses or the mind as pure concepts. THIS IS THE TRUTH.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Ramana Maharshi comments about Lord krishna Universal Form
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
Dear viswanathan and prasanth,

Uddhava asked Sri Krishna to tell him about his story.  Sri Krishna
asked Uddhava:  Do you want to listen to my story of Kala rupa or
Atma rupa.  If it is Kala rupa, it is of no use. My Kala rupa is going
to end soon (Sri Krishna was already old, and he wanted to withdraw
his avatara).  But if you want to listen to Atma rupa, this is not be
listened but experienced within and that is more lasting for your
attainment.  Krishna mathuram is Siva Jnanam.  Both are Consciousness.

Arunachala Siva.