Author Topic: How he showed them His greatness  (Read 1292 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
How he showed them His greatness
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:13:37 AM »
THOUGH Bhagavan gave many indications of His supreme stature, not everyone really understood. The mind is handicapped in dealing with spiritual truths. So Bhagavan would sometimes briefly indicate. Once He joined His devotees in singing Ramana Sadguru. When the devotees expressed suprise that He should sing His own praise, He replied thus, “Ramana is the only Sadguru to the whole world”. On another occasion He said, “Dont think Ramana is this six-footed body. He is everywhere.”

Once when a person did not obey some instructions of Bhagavan, He said, “Do as I say! Everything emerged from me! Everything will merge into me”. We can imagine the state of the devotee when he heard this. In His works He has referred to ‘Arunachala Ramana’ and ‘Arunagiri Ramana’. Only one third of Ramana Purana in Ramana Sannidhi Murai was written by Muruganar. The other two parts comprising over three hundred lines were composed by Bhagavan Himself. Writing His praise, He has shown them His true nature. There is also the fact that the day on which Siva stood before Brahma and Vishnu while they failed to find His feet and head was the same day that Bhagavan Ramana was born. It was the day of the Arudra festival in the month of Margazhi.

On a full moon night when Bhagavan was coming down the hill, He suddenly turned to Kavyakanta Ganapathy Muni who was with Him and asked in an ecstatic voice, “Nayana, who am I in truth? I see the sun and moon and the stars and planets going round my hip? Who Am I?” Ganapathy Muni revealed this to other devotees and they were immersed in wonder.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: How he showed them His greatness
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »
Incident Where Ramana Maharshi Asks Ganapati Muni "Who Am I" goes like this.

----------------------------------------------------

Sri Bhagavan was in the Virupaksha Cave on the Hill. One evening after 7 p.m. they were all coming down the Hill to go round Arunachala. The other devotees had all gone in advance; only Sri Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni was in the company of Sri Maharshi, and they were slowly climbing down the steps from the cave.

Whey they had walked a few steps, all of a sudden Sri Maharshi stopped, and with Him Sri Kavyakanta as well. The full moon was shining bright in the East in the starry sky.Pointing to the moon and the beautiful sky, Sri Bhagavan said: "Nayana! If the sun, the moon, and all the stars have their being in ME, and the Sun himself goes round my hip with his satellites, who am I? who am I?''

This remark of Sri Maharshi made His blessed disciple envisage the Master as the Great Person of the Vedas, as described in 'Sri Rudra,' the 'Purusha Sukta,' and the 'Skamba Sukta,' of the Atharva Veda. He is verily all these, and That beyond; there is nothing that is not He. Sri Kavyakanta later made this revelation known to all the devotees.

Sources:

1) Arunachala Ramana's Volume1 Book
2) http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/publications/at_the_feet_of_Bhagavan.htm