Author Topic: UGK & Ramana  (Read 11773 times)

amiatall

Re: UGK & Ramana
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:56 PM »
Don't know much, watched on youtube some videos when he goes on the matter of death with many other scholars or whatever. He didn't say anything about total mind.
There he tries to show what is consciousness and what is you, is there you, and what is looking and observing. So i can't discuss with you on this matter fully. But i agree he is difficult to understand if one listens fragmentally.
Don't want to suggest, but i feel deeply that he was authentic that is all i know and can say about him nor i can say that everyone is not authentic.
Everyone is authentic and what you do and where you are is everything perfect, you do what you know no more no less and therefore cannot be judged in any way.

Again i agree, one must not observe mind, one must observe observer, one must find out who is this 'I'? And IS it really?
'Who are you' cannot be found in samadhi or whatever, only in present moment, i will completely disagree with any suggestion that to know oneself one must go through samadhi or whatever other flashy dashy experiences... this is nonsense.

As for scriptures, they play its part for some time, and that time depends only on you with a question "can you drop it? or do you still need it to hold on to something?".
One is always That, what one needs is recognition and not only that. This simple being which we are is such simple that one misses it like the one who thinks that he lost his watch where it has been on his wrist all the time. Not only recognition is important but acceptance and surrender to this simple being (that you are This) leaving the 'thinking mind/ego/intellect' behind which only task is to serve the intelligence of your being.

So read your own 'I AM', be aware of that that you are aware, be conscious of consciousness. Everything will unfold and be told directly. That is all to it.

soham3

• External world is shadow of what is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
My understanding is that a jnani will neither be an orator nor will he care to move from place to place teaching and spreading his message. He will simply be contented to remain at one place and partake there of any activity that may come his way.
O Divine, lead me to dizzy heights of sublimity & loftiness

amiatall

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »
srkudai sir,

You say "Be the observer".
But isn't "be the observer" plays its part only until the one that knows that observer is realized? (not stating, just asking and want to go into it together)
This 'I AM' which is formless and colorless is observing everything, it means you are, but who knows this observer? Watch 'I AM' which watches, and you are standing apart from it. (well, of course we must be very careful with words here, for maybe we are speaking about the same thing but our expression with words does not match because we can give different meaning to the same word)

"When there is no object of perception, there is no consciousness" - lets speculate a bit, maybe he means body consciousness or intellectual awareness?
This word or concept 'consciousness' often is of two kinds (referred by people):
1. consciousness which is totally dependent on its content and IS that content. Then that statement is very true. When there is nothing to observe where is the question of consciousness?
2. Consciousness which is Awareness which is not dependent on anything, yet contains everything.

Would I be stoned to death ;) if i said that Consciousness is everything (everyone nods and agrees) and then i say you are not even this Consciousness. Now after this statement the reaction will very depend on how Consciousness is understood by each and everyone.

If one sees that consciousness is just a byproduct of five elements which this body consists of, then that statement will be accepted.
If one sees That as consciousness then that statement will be rejected.

My understanding is that a jnani will neither be an orator nor will he care to move from place to place teaching and spreading his message. He will simply be contented to remain at one place and partake there of any activity that may come his way.

This is the biggest mistake people make by drawing such conclusions.
The bird does not think "em, i am separate, and i must now become a jnani in order to not be separate, so, firstly i must not fly, because jnanis does not fly, then i must eat only this, because jnani eats only this.."
this is ridiculous, a tragic comedy which man undergoes in order to realize in the end that they never ever went anywhere nor will ever go anywhere. Our society is built by copying each other, the true individual is actually never expressed. (by very few only).
Jnana means that one knows, recognizes and realizes itself as one actually, factually is in reality. This has NOTHING to do with clothes, food, circumstances, action and whatever... for knowledge itself is in no way contradictory to these.

soham3

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 08:56:22 PM »
It is the partially realized soul who moves from place to place and teaches / preaches or speaks to / proselytizes people. No 100 % realized person speaks at assembly / conference or conducts in a dialectic or polemic  way.

soham3

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »
In greatness Ammachi is no different from Ramana.

Ammachi  is  a mere spiritual  baby.

soham3

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
Real path is only one and that is inner path. All outer paths led by the senses are false.