Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana's guidance to me  (Read 2138 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Bhagavan Ramana's guidance to me
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »
Cycle Ramaswami Pillai (whose Samadhi is there inside the Asramam, along with Muruganar's and Viswanatha Swami's) was
going for circumambulation of the Hill.  It was through the middle
path that he was going.  He lost his way in the middle and was
perplexed not knowing what to do.  Suddenly a dog appeared in the scene, and walked in the front, taking deviation at a particular
place and put Cycle Ramaswami Pillai in the correct path.  Ramaswami Pillai was horripilated and thanked Bhagavan Ramana.  He was wondering whose dog that it could be.  When he returned
from the circumambulation, he found to his astonishment that the dog was waiting at the entrance of the Old Hall and after seeing
Pillai's safe return, suddenly ran away and disappeared!

Ramaswami Pillai said:  Even though it may appear a trivial incident, it strengthened by faith in Bhagavan Ramana, who is always a
guide for devotees in distress, abatbandava. 

Arunachala Siva.     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Ramana's guidance to me
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »
Dear I,

During my first visit to Skandashramam, I decided to go to the blessed place myself alone. It was so inviting, so graceful. I was in midst of the route to Skandashramam, and I had to stop on the way on seeing some about 10 or so monkeys, I just stood still there for about 15 minutes waiting for the monkeys to leave. I had little apprehension about the monkeys. On one hand I was totally not scared, I was affirming that this is the place of Sri Ramana and Arunachala Himself, I have nothing to fear and I wanted to march on further and on the other hand I was a little scared a pinch, I did not want to move on as the monkeys were looking quite huge and all of them and I was all alone!

I stood stuck there for more 15 minutes. I was praying very intently, thoughts were also flowing within me should I go back? as the monkeys were not budging at all. They stayed stuck in middle of the road. I verily cried within "Oh Ramana, why you want to test me during my very first visit itself? Please, I admit that I still do not have complete Bhakti, I was scared to venture in between those huge monkeys. There was no sound of any humans at all. I kept praying in this confusion and cried within so badly on my own Bhakti which was not enough. I did want to step back without going to Skandashramam and Virupaksha Cave, from no where, 2 young guys came over. My heart started smiling, I saw the grace, It was like Ramana Himself had arranged those good guys to be by my side. I felt like crying my heart out and did so within in seeing the grace of Sri Ramana.

I learnt a lesson, there is nothing to fear at all, Bhagawan is always there. He IS.!!! am So absolutely sure about this. He takes care of all the needs of his devotees.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:46:45 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
and after coming back home, within a few days, I read this story in one of Ramana's books at home, at this moment I don't remember which book it was.

On a moonlit night some devotees were going round the holy Arunachala Hill, chanting the Vedas. Suddenly they saw a leopard standing right in the middle of the road and looking at them. The singers were paralysed with fear. They could neither sing nor walk ahead or run away. The leopard looked at them quietly for quite a long time and then slowly crossed the road and disappeared into the jungle. The devotees thanked their stars, completed their round of the hill and, after returning to the Ashram, related their adventure to Bhagavan, who listened carefully and said, “There was no reason for fear. The leopard is a jnani who came down from the hill to listen to your chanting the Vedas. He went away deeply disappointed because out of fright you broke off singing. Why were you afraid”?

I had horripilation, I was transfixed by the entire leela or grace of my beloved Bhagawan, I kept gazing at the Picture of Bhagawan in my room and tears flowed automatically and I cried for a long time, I could see the eyes so real, the picture became real. Even now, it is so fresh as I write it now. I wish I can remain with Ramana always, though I know he is here and everywhere. Avan Arulaale Avan Thaal vananga.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:39:43 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

You are correct.  Bhagavan Ramana's unseen Presence works wonders
even today.  Only faith and conviction are required.  He can come in
any form or he can send any form of living being to help us.  We
do not know His ways, how He operates etc.,  We are wondering whether a Brahma Jnani after Maha Nirvanam, a birthless and deathless  state, could come down again to help devotees, in a
form.  Because there is no reincarnations for a Jnani.   In that
respect, we should conclude that His Presence works wonders.

I shall narrate one incident which happnened during our first visit
of the year 2008.  My wife and I went in the car.  Usually, we start at 5.00 am, to avoid crowds on the road particularly upto Hosur, in the Banglore-Hosur Road.  In Hosur, we halted near a very small hotel for coffee.  While I and my driver went to take  coffee, my wife said, that she would stay in the car and being a small hotel, one of the servers could bring her a cup of coffee to the car.  When we were away and when she was holding the coffee cup and saucer on her
hands, a boy of about 16 years, wearing a cotton half-trouser
suddenly came, opened the door from the driver's side and started
operating the steering wheel.  My wife became totally afraid and she was calling people.  The boy stopped his 'mischief' with the steering wheel and checked the cassettes in the dash board.  Then he looked at my wife and said:  "Why are you looking at me?  Why are you looking at me?."...My wife picked up some courage and offered coffee.  He said:  "Why all this for me?".....  He then left his seat and on the road he disappeared.  When we came, and when general public came, he could not be found.  My wife was nervous for sometime.

Around 9.45 AM., we reached the Asramam, took the key from
Doctor Srinivasamurthy and then rushed to the Samadhi Hall, after a quick look at the Hill and Mother Yogamba.  There, after seeing Bhagavan Ramana's large size photograph taken at the age of 21 (when He wrote WHO AM I?), my wife exclaimed:  "He only came.
He only came.  The same penetrating eyes.  Long nails.  Instead of codpiece, a half-trouser.  Now I remember.  Now I remember....."   She had seen Bhagavan Ramana's particular photo many times in
the books at home.  But she did not recollect that the boy in Hosur.  She suddenly remembered when she saw the large size photograph in the Samadhi Hall.       

What is the explanation?  My wife says that there could have been
accident to our car in the journey.  Bhagavan Ramana came and set right the car!   I think she should be correct.  How else to explain
this?

Karunaiayal ennnai aandu konda nee, enakku un
Katchi thanthu arulinai enral.....   (Sri Arunachala Padigam Verse 10)

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:03:47 AM »
Bhagawans grace is truly unfathomable. Infact every moment of ours is grace itself, but we end up recognising only a few. Everything, moments of sufferings, pains, happiness, clarity, delusion, filth, cleanliness, dirt, good, bad, friends, enemies all are grace. All these leads one from darkness to light.

Compassion, Anbe Sivam
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta