Author Topic: Are you the Questioner, You have got the answer!  (Read 1149 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Are you the Questioner, You have got the answer!
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:24:44 AM »
R.N. Datar writes in his reminiscences:-

I was, in particular, very keen in observing the attitude of various
disciples towards Bhagavan and His response to them in His
inimitable ways.  I remember one occasion when a great spiritual
seeker had come from the West, highly perturbed over the then
darkneing clouds of international situation.  (This was sometime
before World War II, which broke out in September 1939). He came
into the Hall almost in a challenging and quarrelsome mood.  He had brought a catalogue of questions for answers by Bhagavan.  He almost took Bhagavan to task, "for wasting His time and energies
in a seculded corner of the earth", though according to him, Bhagavan ought to have taken active steps to turn the attention
of the world from the ways of the devil to those of the divine.
He gave expressions to his sense of disapprobation to Bhagavan's apparent inactivity in this respect.  He challenged Bhagavan to answer his questions.  His rebellious mood struck us dumb in the Hall.  He demanded an immediate answer from Bhagavan.  Bhagavan quiet without saying anything further.  I stillo visualize before me the very tense half an hour that we passed when everybody, including Bhagaan and the stormy questioner were all silent.

I was anxious to know how the tension would be eased.  We were all sitting anxiously in the tense atmosphere when, after an hour, quite suddenly, the questioner broke the silence by exclaiming that he had got the answer!  Bhagavan asked him to write it.  He did so,
and when it was read out, it breathed a sense of complete submission to Bhagavan, though the questioner had begun with a challenge.  He had confessed in the writing that he was satisfied
that Bhagavan was serving the best interests of mankind in His
own unobtrusive and silent ways, and that what was required  from a seeker was not a mood of challenge but one of submission to
the highest force which were working in their own inscrutable ways
thorugh great sages like the Saint of Arunachalam.

This is how Bhagavan worked on the minds of His visitors and brought them to peace when they were itching for a fight.  This
man, from that time onwards, became one of the gentlest of
Bhagavan's devotees.

(Source:  Arunachala's Ramana, Boundless Ocean of Grace,
Volume 6. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.