Author Topic: Elenaor Pauline Noye  (Read 1057 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Elenaor Pauline Noye
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »
Elinaor Pauline Noye had a critical health at that time.  She still
travelled from San Fransisco to New Orleans by boat.  She collapsed
in N.O. and had to take medical treatment there for two weeks.  Then, she travelled by steamship to Cape Town, South Africa.  In
the cold nights of Cape Town, she was filled with inexplicable fear,
without knowing what she was afraid about.  She again rested in
Durban for one month.  From Durban, she took a steamship again to Madras and reached the city somewhat better.  But the hot conditions of Madras again made her ill.  She was asked to go to Kodaikanal, but she broke her journey at Madurai and came to
Tiruvannamalai, in all taking about 3 1/2 months!

She writes further:-

"I would like to say here, that the one reason why I had been in such a run-down conditon was that I had not slept well for years, although I had been taking medicine, which never gave me any relief.  Although I said nothing to Bhagavan about this, the amazing thing was that I slept soundly the first night and thereafter without taking any medicine, though I lacked the many comforts I had been accustomed to.  I received the "Medicine of all medicines", the unfailing grace of the Lord, whose name is Heart.  I arose next morning, feeling refreshed as though I was born anew!

Soon after, one afternoon, as I was standing by the gate, Bhagavan stopped, while on His way to the Hillside, and asked me, if I had more peace.  His loving solicitude made me feel quite at home.  And when He smiled, my joy knew no bounds. 

During those sacred hours with the Master, I unconsciously absorbed the Truth which He lives.  It filled all my being.  As a writer has said:  "The Maharshi's life is but one more instance of that Indian ideal of teaching through life and through words....His life is, in fact, His highest teaching.  His teachings are but a literary expression of His Realization."

My love blossomed into deep devotion and I was filed with ineffable peace.  The things which seemed so vital before were no longer of any importance.  I could see things in their correct perspective.  The heartaches of yesterday and thoughts of tomorrow faded into oblivion.

(Source:  Arunachala's Ramana, Boundless Ocean of Grace, Volume
6, Sri Ramansramam, Tiruvannamalai.  Elenor Pauline Noye's article
highly abridged by me.)

Arunachala Siva.