Author Topic: Bringing neuro Science into picture!  (Read 2559 times)

srkudai

Bringing neuro Science into picture!
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »
Friends,
       Neuro science observes the world as a interconnection of neurons. interconnected neurons and their activations all the experiences.
so, as per them, the "feeling" of egolessness is also a neural configutation. The feeling of oneness , egolessness ... is merely changes in the frontal lobe.

The most exotic experiences ... can all be brought about by simply applying proper signals to the biological neural network in us!

That would mean "Seeing Gods" , "Feeling Egoless", "samadhis" are all only neural activities. feelings produced by a certain neural state! Enlightenment / Nirvana included !

Please let us know your views on this!

Love!
Silence

matthias

• View Profile
Re: Bringing neuro Science into picture!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
yes I think this is true...
I mean they started to research on longtime meditators and meditation masters...and you see the brain is working totally different :) different structures, more grey mass...less stress...also they researched meditators that expereince the ocnitnuum of hte three states (waking, dreaming, deep sleep) and in their case the theta wave is always present...a wave that is normally observed during a koma :) but they have this always...yo you could say this is the witness

but htis is not shocking to me, because it is just evidence for this path, and it takes awy alot of the "mystical, magical" and takes it to the ground...it simply says what we are dooing is really working :) scientifically proofen

I mean would love to see the brain structures of ramana or ramakrishna...I mean must be very interessting to hear what they say about his brain...I know of a buddhist monk that produces I think 800%  activity in a brain region that is responsible for happiness when he meditates on compassion, someone who started meditating reaches 10-20% more then an avarage person..so you see sitting down and contemplating about hte nature of mind or hte self is really something very very positiv :)...even the hard matterialistic sciences start to proof it..its wonderfull...

in america are also cd available that let you experience deep states of meditation because they change your brainwaves :)

I think it is nice invention but senseless on hte spiritual path....

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »
Is there any record of neuro-enlightened persons?

I mean persons who were not enlightened before but has been enlightened by adjustments of neural signals?
How do they compare with traditional enlightened persons?
Does their vasanas also get destroyed?
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:05:23 PM »
To my knowledge, re-arrangement of neuron signals and vibrations,
only bring about some equilibrium and not enlightenment.  Please
read Theta Syndrome, a book that came in 1980s.   It is a poor
cousin of mano-layam.  Read also Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis
and the recent Morikami's Kafka on the shore.

Arunachala Siva.   

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 12:55:50 AM »
it just gets you tomporarely into a relaxed mood...like oyu would meditate

but hten its over...no benefit for hte spiritual path...more like a holiday...like in huxleys brave new world :)