Author Topic: Late night musings  (Read 1403 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Late night musings
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »
Dear I,

Whether one thinks, he is on the path of Jnana or Bhakti, evenually, He will see the culmination of Jnana and Bhakti at one point, where He can be both - a Jnani and a Bhaktha.

Sometimes, it is so important to free oneself from all the intellectual struggle and just simply surrender oneself unconditionally to the One that runs the show. The mind or the ego is always on look out for something interesting, something more, something exciting that will give it a sense of contentment, a sense of achievement, a sense of being a Jnani. It cant just be with fact as it is. There is nothing there really, but the ego does not want to  stop, it just cant be, it simply just does not want to retire! Basically, it does not want to die!

Amidst all these searches, the path can deviate the Sadhana/Student to various different routes that do not have any destiny at all. But the reality is that there is no destiny to reach at all. The very journey is illusion! The idea that there is realisation on attainment of something itself is a delusion. This very delusion itself is the reason for Self Enquiry even! Intellectually, one cannot 'find' the Self as such because the very 'One' in Search Himself is the Search or the Self! Such is the Irony!

But the pull of Vasanas are so strong that, even though, I am able to clearly write these without any second thought now, as there is so much clarity as write it now, will soon fade away when the day ends! That is because, Even the clarity that we perceive is only for quietening just the ego/mind. Would the Self ever want any clarity? Would the Self want any attainment at all? It just simply is, it is not really bothered about what the ego/mind does!

Therefore, the 'One' that really is seeking clarity or the Self is just the ego/mind.

But the greatest irony is that the ego/mind, due to delusion, believes that it is 'Jiva', 'I' is mind, ego and goes about searching for the Self endlessly. 

When the culmination of Bhakti and Jnana occurs, the ego/mind (not reall ceasing to be) ceases to be. It casts of its agenda of searching the Self and remains as the Self, not even requiring to acknowlege to itself on attainment. There is no more any necessity for such activities. There are no activities at all here. The Self is absolutely free of anything. It does not have any agenda because there is no perception here. Perception exists only when there is ego/mind. But as its agenda ends, there is no more activity at all. N more activity meaning, "Just Be", "Being Still".

Bhagawans teaching on simply being "Just Be","Be Still" and the state of Jnani are of no use to the ego/mind. Whatever, it reads, analyses about the Self is a futile exercise because, It is not the Self. Just like how the Actor who plays the role cannot become the role itself in real life, similarly, the ego/mind cannot be the Self on defining, understanding, analysing the Self. Because Being Self, one is not interested in even knowing that it is Self. The Self just is.

The maximum the ego/mind can do is only understand its own limitedness and be humble.

Its really a futile exercise on part of Jiva to analyse how the transformation from Ego/Mind/Jiva to Self takes place. This itself is the delusion. When the Jiva stops this very exercise and just remains humbly, knowing its own limitedness, without having any agenda on analysing, Jnana, Bhakti, to becoming, to try to become, to try and understand or tries to be as the Self. That itself should be sufficient. The Jiva/ego/mind will not know that He has become the Self or the Jiva/ego/mind cannot know that it is Self.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

varadharajan

• View Profile
Re: Late night musings
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 04:01:56 AM »
Dear sir,

You have put this in a nutshell, the moment I have decided to pen my reply itself is a reflection of how quick my ego acknowledges/thrives on it. Anything I intend to write more is but encouraging my ego... even these lines ... Thanks very much, you couldnt have put it any better.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Late night musings
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 08:16:28 AM »
Dear I,

yes, what more to write here? I have to end 'this' with just a full-stop  .

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 08:25:59 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta