Author Topic: What is Self Inquiry?  (Read 7907 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: What is Self Inquiry?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »
Dear I,

You have just mentioned the same question what I just raised:

When human being jumps he doesn't think at that moment, the thinking happens after/before actual event. The thinker is born after/before actual event. Is it not?

Thats what I am asking!, See the jumping only occurs because the thinking happens before or after the event! Can we say jumping happened automatically here? the thinking before has caused the jumping! and thinking afterwards will result in something else!

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »
Dear I,

"I have come to the firm conclusion that I am nothing, I have no design, no color, I have no image of myself.
In the early morning when the waking state happens, that kiss of beingness appears, vibrant in the entire universe, and vibrating in myself".

Just remember every moment every second nothing happens to you compare to deep sleep sstate. There is no you, "that kiss of beingness" only vibrating during the period which seems to be your waking state.

Yes at most what I can do at most only affirm I's limitedness. what can this I do? it cannot do a thing! What this I can do is only affirm that It does not know. it can just give up!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »
Dear I,

Create a Filter Role ... That appropriates the problems of the roles accordingly.

:) I understand why you want to analyze kartutvam ... The understanding that i am not the doer ... is beautiful ... but if i am not the doer ... its difficult to put in intensity into work at times. Please try to understand this carefully. imagine you are playing cricket. Some anxiety is required for you to perform well. We often find emotions are required to do a proper fight. Emotional intelligence --- there is a book --- which talks about the importance of emotions for performing better.

So "I am not the doer" notion cools down all emotions. its very good ... coz it brings all emotions under control ... but it is also dangerous ... coz one will not be able to Express the Emotions where it is needed as well.So as a householder if you are practically trying to do something ... some emotions are required ... but at the same time all emotions must be under control.

So one Knows oneself As Consciousness is not the Doer ... and yet plays the role of a energetic person ... this is the way to do it! Both have to coexist for acting. For renouncing the first is self sufficient.

Love!
Silence

What I am trying to point is the need for anxiety for the role to perform well. Who is it that needs the anxiety and for what? because there is a Self interest here

Emotional Intelligence - Who is it that wants to perform better?

When you are talking about Emotions and its expressions, actually to whom are we showing those emotions? Are we shoowing it to the other persons? It is not really so, we kiss a baby because there is a desire to kiss the baby and enjoy the pleasure of kissing the baby. We actually dont kiss a baby because the baby likes it? The Baby does not laugh at our kissing it, but only out of its own joy, it laughs!

There is no expression at all, if at all there is any expression, it is only for the self interest only. one does not have sex because it is pleasurable for the opposite sex, that the opposite sex enjoys sex. one has sex because one finds pleasure in it. it is a Self interest!

Who is it that is saying "Emotions are required" and who is it that is saying "at the same time all emotions must be uneder control"?

So is there not a motive behind all these reasons? the motive being the continuity of the "I"?

What Self sufficient does the Self need? if at all there is a need for Self Sufficient, it is only for the "I" Jiva alone.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:32:38 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

amiatall

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 10:33:16 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Let us move forward then and try to share our understanding. You say that thinking happens before actual event and then after and etc which implies that actual event can only occur after thinking.
Is this your experience?
What I Am trying to imply here is that an actual event Can happen without thinking before/after actual event. Can't it?

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
Dear I,

Yes, a good discussion leads to the light.

An actual event can take place, involuntarily, which seems - without thinking, are only that the thinking process is too fast to be noticed, like those that are a threat to the survival of the body, like when somebody keeps a fire on your hand, there is an automatic reflexes, the thinking process is too fast here, but there is a remembrance of the very first experience of having kept the finger on the fire - this happens so fast, this is called involuntary.

Thinking literally need not necessarily be carefully planned course of action after a detailed analysis. The thinking which you shared about is just that the thinking has already been done for that situation. When you see the clock to see the time, you know already what is hour needle, minute needle and second needle. When you see the time, you involuntarily are able to tell what the time is without any delay.

What you say as "actual events can happen without thinking before/after atual event" is nothing but the thinking process is just too fast for the mind to notice it thats it.

What I understand is that there cannot be any actions performed, or any events happen without any Self Motive. This motive that exists is nothing but the thinking.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:42:03 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »
Self Enquiry is enquiring into the futility of all non-self.  Once
the Truth is found, there is no more practice.  The way and the
goal become one.  See Sri Arunachala Navamani Malai:  Annamalaiyai adiyenai, aNda anre, en aavi udal, koNdai, enakkor
kurai undo?  Kuraiyum gunamum nee allal, ennen ivatrai ennuiyire,
eNNam adhuvo adhu seyvai, KaNNe un dhan kazhal iNiayil kadhal
perukke tharuvaaye.....

Just love and surrender to Bhagavan Ramana.  All roles would take care of themselves.

Arunachala Siva.