Author Topic: Photoshop CS4  (Read 4456 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Photoshop CS4
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
I am trying to make some Glowsign using PSCS4, which is 360"/28" in size. Certain Filter options have got disabled, and I am trying to use the Render/Lighting option. But what I observed is that the same feature is available when I make a smaller picture. I use Vista with 2GB RAM and 32 BIT Op System.

Any Helpers?

Thanks
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Photoshop CS4
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 05:03:57 AM »
Am I right in assuming that you want to make your sign 30 feet long by 28 inches tall?

If so, you should make your changes on a smaller version then increase the size afterwards, perhaps one quarter the size. Photoshop CS4 is very good at retaining detail during resize.

You might quite rightly argue that you cannot be sure that the effect will be smooth if you work with a smaller image first, but whichever way you do it, you are limited to the screen render size for preview accuracy.

I would also guess that a 30 foot sign is normally designed to be viewed from a distance, so the output can reflect that.

All versions of Photoshop have file size limitations for rendering, etc.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 05:31:45 AM by Graham »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 07:15:07 AM »
Dear Graham,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I am trying to make a sign of 30 feet long by 28 inches tall. I was stuck with the understanding that effect will never be satisfactory after resize, but like you said, the size is designed to be viewed from a distance, the output should take care. I'l try this as suggested by you. I was stuck with this issue for some time now. I tried getting solution from various web related help sites which was of no avail.

Thanks so much

Nagaraj
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:52:25 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »
Dear Graham,

I am glad to respond here that, your solution has been successful, I am now able to use all the options.

Thanks so much
Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta