Author Topic: bhagavan's tiruchuzhi home  (Read 4815 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
bhagavan's tiruchuzhi home
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »
Dear Devotees,

I have been a regular visitor of this forum and i cannot express in words how much of a help this forum has been in learning about bhagavan, his teachings and so many of his anecdotes, which i hadnt read before. In particular i would like to thank subramaniam sir, and let him know how encouraging his postings have been, especially those on bhagavan's miracles which give us hope and really an encouragement to surrender all our agonies to bhagavan and wait for his grace..

I have just come back from my trip to tiruchuzhi and as it was my very first trip to the place i was very excited about visiting bhagavan's family home. It took us just a little more than an hour to reach tiruchuzhi and at once i got out of the car to see bhagavan's home. but i was in for a shock when i saw a construction in progress for a new building in place of the old home. They had also shifted the pooja room articles to a near-by home where they had a make-shift shrine for bhagavan.

I stood standing there for sometime in disbelief and after a while went talking to the neighbours, who told me that because the structure was old and dilapidated and the repair wouldnt be possible coz of the constricted angle of the whole house ..they thought it necessary to bring down the whole structure and have now begun construction of a new building - which will be very much llike ramanasramam of t.malai - with a meditation hall - they have also kept bhagavan's birth room as a separate enclosure, although much smaller in size than what it was before.

Next, the visit of bhoominatheswarar temple was one of the most beautiful and profound from amonsgt a lot of temples that ive been to so far. Just the fact that there was hardly any crowd and suresh and me being one of about 5-6 visitors that morning just added to the tranquility and serenity of the temple. Once could sit calm near any of the temple shrines and no-one would even notice you. There was something very deep and calming about the temple - one which was with or without the crowd/people. That was what was special about the temple. Bhoominatheswara shrine and the sahayavalli shrine were very quiet and undisturbed. the usually very restless husband during such temple visits, was surprisingly all by himself exploring the temple and not keen on hurrying me to move on...

But...in the end i am sure the new building would still have bhagavan's presence and blessings since they have used the mud that came out of the old structure in the construction of the new ashram...

soham3

• External world is shadow of what is inside you
    • View Profile
Re: bhagavan's tiruchuzhi home
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
I was taught pranic healing by a lady who lived there and maintained an ashram.
O Divine, lead me to dizzy heights of sublimity & loftiness

soham3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »
Hi Soham,
   Does pranic healing work? What kind of physical problems can be solved by it?
Love!
Silence

Yes, it does work. An advanced pranic healer can solve all physical problems.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:18:23 PM by soham3 »

soham3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
There is Pranic Healing Foundation in Chennai. You can meet those people.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »
Dear S Lakshmi,

I felt deeply sad after reading your post that Sri Ramana Maharshi's birth house is under renovation. I wanted to visit Sri Ramana Maharshi's birth place at least once in lifetime to feel and see the place touched by Sri Ramana Maharshi and feel the air and mud sand trees that existed at that time. feel the cement flooring, walls and the spirit of Sri Sundaram Iyer - his initiative to let out one half of his house for pilgrims and hungry people and place where they fed them. It is said even robbers would avoid only Sri Sundaram Iyers house out of gratitude towards his service. I wanted to see and feel the place where Sri Azhagammaal would have cajoled and fed and played with Venkataraman.

Sad I cant see the place again in its pristine-ity but I realise that everything is momentary. Happy that you gave me an opportunity to soak myself in tears in front of Sri Ramana after much time.

Gratitude
Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
Dear Lakshmi and others,

There is nothing if the Asramam decides to demolish the dilapidated
structure and construct a new one.  In the case of temples, too this
is done, when the old pillars and roofs give away and during this time, the Siva Linga is temporarily installed in a nearby place, after
suitable pujas.  The Tiruchuzhi House is going to be on the same land and is not re-located.  The land which is the base of the house,
is more important in such cases.  After all, all superstructures can
become old and collapse or destroyed due to some evil forces.  There are specific rituals for such renovation/reconstruction and
these have to be followed.  Hence do not feel bad.  When twin towers of New York were destroyed, the land is still preserved and held as a mark of solemnity. Hence the land is important.  It is
Ramana Land for ever, whether a new building is constructed for
a specific reason.

Only one such place should not be made into another holy place.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
Sri Bhoominatha Sthalothyaya Namah:

Salutations to One, who is born in the land of Sri Bhoominatha,
(Siva of Tiruchuzhi).

Hence the Land of Siva which is the birthplace of the Son is
important.

Srimad Dwadasanthastala labda vidyodaya Namah:

(Dwadasantham is Madurai.  There He had the Self Realization,
rising within).

Hence, Madurai is important.  The Madurai house is preserved
by the Asramam and this was also renovated in 1940s.

Pituradesatha sonasaila prapdaya Namah:

As per His father's command, He had to come to Arunachala.

Hence Arunachala is important.

His bilogical parents gave birth in Tiruchuzhi.
His Mother Meenakshi conferred Him, self realization.
His Father commanded Him to come to His place.

Hence places/lands are important.  The houses are to be
renovated and kept safe for prosterity.

Arunachala Siva.     

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 08:01:52 AM »
Subramaniam sir...you are right...temples do get renovated and do get repaired...but bringing down the whole structure and again constructing a brand new one...really broke my heart. At a time when people and institutions like UNESCO are taking serious measures to preserve history for posterity (like naming such places/structures as 'world hertiage site') am sure we could have found some way to preserve the house and also let people/foreigners know of how and where bhgavan lived, the kitchen, the pooja room, room where he slept/played etc etc...of such sentiment they are....coz..it was a very old house..

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 08:41:19 AM »
Dear Subramanian,

Happy to say Hi to you once again!  :)

You are right in a way that all structures whether religious or not do get dilapidated some time or the other. Renovations or new buildings coming up in its place is also normal. But is this not what is called rebirth in a way? We always look for continuity, birth after birth, hope after hope. In this way we get used to the fact of such continuity and just don't give up. We will have to give up some time or the other. There has to arise a point where there is no hope, no continuity, no rebirth for this - "I" which is ego personified. Absolutely nothing to cling upon. Truly absolutely hopeless situation is when we are nearer to what is called "Sharanagati" absolute desolate position. We just postpone this!

A true Guru is one who frees himself to you and leave you absolutely alone as "Divya Chaitanya, or Sat Chit Ananda" and our beloved Sri Ramana Maharshi has illustrated this to so many devotees in various different ways. Things that we cling upon dies one day or the other. What is born dies and we forget what is not born at all.

Salutations to Ramana
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:44:10 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 10:29:40 AM »
Dear SLakshmi, Nagaraj,

Yes.  The super-structures as they were in original state, should
be preserved to the extent possible.  In fact, UNESCO, some thirty
years back, re-located the huge Egyptian statues of Rameses II,
without much disturbing the sculpture.  The Asramam is also doing
the same thing.  The original house in Tiruchuzhi, the kitchen,
where young Venkataraman played with his mother etc., shall
be preserved to the extent possible.  In Madurai house, Sri Ramana
Mandiram, (which I visited during Feb 2009), the room in the upstairs where Bhagavan Ramana had the death experience is preserved maintaining the original shape and form.  I am sure
the Asramam would do the same thing for Sri Sundara Mandiram,
in Tiruchuzhi too.

Arunachala Siva.