Author Topic: The value of Certificates  (Read 13946 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The value of Certificates
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »
Dear friends,

N's case is shocking because he has amassed crores of rupees as wealth and had
about 2 million followers!  In case his fakeness is proved, how many misguided
persons would be there, left in lurch.  What is more intriguing, is :  Why should
he run away?  He should have sought police protection for his life and then
explained the facts with computer and graphic experts at his side?  He must have
faced the suffering instead of running away.  Sri Sankara says in Vivekachoodamani,
wealth, wife or lover, and son are the three attachments, a true Jnani should abhor.
He had the first two, the third one might have also been there?  One Premananda
caught about 10 years back, said that he had a dozen children, illegitimate!
The Tamil channel has identified the woman too.  Her name is one R... a cine
actress!

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »
Dear All, I think all that is happening because of many things.Like,people want to follow someone,they start doing that blindly,making him a hero,idol.Then starts fanatism.They dont worship ideal but person.Also,many spiritual people want realisation.And they get some glimpses of it.But ego is still there,making tricks.Spirituality can be very dangerous if we are not cautious enuf.I read teaching of many men who really believed they are realised.Sri Ramana Maharshi didnt follow anyone,just God,and become realised.Coz,we shud adore God in guru,not individuality of some person. I believe it is very thin line.

Astralman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
I've learned after 20 plus years of investigation that saints are very, very rare. I believe that Bhagavan was a true light in the last century and that among those living now I am only aware of Swamy Lakshami and Mathru Sri Sarada. I now of many people who have spiritual experiences but I am no longer really interested in them.
In America our preachers usually go to college and get a degree in Divinity at either the master's or graduate level. They learn the history of the church or religion and the rituals etc. but it is just another job. Bhagavan had a calling - it came to him. Very rare and beautiful.

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 06:48:35 AM »
This guy tours in my country sometimes.
According to my mother who believes in him, he just stands there, looking upon the people.
I think this is the cleverer version of this woman 'Amritanandamayi' who is known for her hugging sessions - she at least has got to do something!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:51:06 AM by Jyoti »

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 07:13:11 AM »
This guy tours in my country sometimes.
According to my mother who believes in him, he just stands there, looking upon the people.
I think this is the cleverer version of this woman 'Amritanandamayi' who is known for her hugging sessions - she at least has got to do something!

Hi Jyoti,

I think this reference to woman 'Amritanandamayi' is unwarranted here and I don't understand why you suddenly pulled Her into comparison with another person.

I am not here to promote anybody but before criticizing somebody first set the facts right --  have you read through Ammachi's life of devotion?  Have you attended any of her bhajans?  Have you taken part in atleast some portion of the tireless and non stop humanity service that She is doing?  I dont think just for money and foreign tours,  one will bother to sit 15 hours at a stretch for hugging,  attends and visits lot of places all over the world without the least fatigue, continue in the dress of a holy saint and above all ,  that all smiling face always. I dont think one will undertake all this pains just for a livelihood.

We should always learn good from others,  not criticize like this.  In Amritananday mayi's case it is melting devotion and bhajan. 

I dont think Maharishi will approve this sort of ciriticisms of other saints in indirect manner.

Once someone brought her friend who was following another Guru and started comparing that Guru and Maharishee.  Maharishi got very angry and replied "what rights you have to criticize other Guru?  what qualifications you have to measure great Mahatmas?"

The answer is universal for all times.