Author Topic: Sat Sangha  (Read 3200 times)

silentgreen

• View Profile
Sat Sangha
« on: November 30, 2009, 01:46:43 PM »
Sat Sangha:

Once a person (who later joined RK Mission) went to Ramana Ashrama for having darshan of the Maharshi and also asking some questions on advaita. Bhagavan was reclining on the couch and devotees were meditating in that profound silence. He also started meditating with the others. During the course of meditation, the questions rose from within one by one and the answers were received. When he opened his eyes, he saw that Bhagavan was looking at him and smiling.

This has resemblance to the following story of Dakshinamurthy:
The four sons, of Brahma, Sanaka, Sanandana, Sanatana and Sanat Kumara did austere tapas and analysis, but they were unclear of the Supreme Truth. They finally decided to come to Lord Shiva to get the knowledge of the Truth. The Lord sat under the banyan tree, and the four sages also sat down around Him. Lord stayed in the yoga posture without saying a single word. The four sages got all their doubts cleared just by that posture. The form in which God appeared as a Supreme Guide is the form of wisdom, Dakshinamurti.

Such can be the effect of Sat Sangha.
No book can replace the experiences of the magnetic field of the sages.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sat Sangha
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »
Dear silentgreen,

Yes.  No books can give us self knowledge as a Jnana Guru's
silent gazing does. 

This incidentally gives some answers to srkudai's post on Sakshu
Diksha. 

Many saint poets used to address Siva as Eye.  It is nothing but
seeking Siva's gaze.  Muruganar has sung a decad titled Tiru KaN
Nokkam, in Sri Ramana Sannidhi Murai, describing Bhagavan's
powerful eyes.  The eyes of the Guru looks at your eyes and then
enters the mind to cleanse it up.  The gaze is a long cleaning duster, like we use in our homes, but more powerful and potent.

Arunachala Siva.   

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:37:23 PM »
This is another incident:

Later that evening in the Old Hall I sat at the feet of the Maharshi. He was reclining on the couch gazing westward and I sat on the floor facing him. Our eyes fixed, one upon the other, were pinned together for quite a long time. I then saw the form of the Maharshi take the shape of Ardhanareswara.

Ardhanareswara is one aspect of Shiva — one half is the Mother and the other half is the Father; one half of the form had a breast and the other had a trident. Around us the pundits were reciting Sanskrit verses.

As it went on, I began to witness certain changes in my body taking place. I saw a pair of serpents rising from the base of my spine in a crisscross, spiralling manner. They rose to the crown of my head and spread their hoods. One was red; the other blue. The whole cranium became suffused with a bright light. My attention was fixed upon the point between my eyebrows where the serpents’ heads were pointed.

All of a sudden there was a splitting of the skull from the top front to the back. This was followed by an upward gush of a reddish flame shooting out from the top of my head. While this was flowing out, a stream of nectar issued from the single breast of the Ardhanareswara form of the Maharshi and a second stream of nectar flowed out from the top of Arunachala. Both streams landed on my head and sealed the break in my skull.

When the skull was sealed I experienced a brilliant light, like that of an arc lamp, and an indescribable joy and coolness filled my being. This light and joy continued for several hours. During this time I didn’t move about and I was unconscious of what was going on around me. You may have seen a light focused on to a concave mirror. Its light is reflected with a single beam onto a point. Well, sometime about midnight all the light, like a concave mirror, was focussed onto the Heart. Then all the light drained into the Heart. The Kundalini was completely sucked into the Heart and the Heart was opened — that is the seat of Arunachala Ramana.

The Heart is normally closed, but when it was opened — I never knew any of these things and never read any theory. These are all practical experiences — a flood of nectar gushed forth and drenched every pore of my skin, drenched my whole physical system. It poured out, went on coming out in a great flood. The whole Universe was filled with that Nectar.

The wonder of it was that my awareness was not in the body — my awareness was over the whole of the space filled with that Nectar. The whole Universe was Nectar. I call it Nectar; you could call it Ether, something very subtle, attached with awareness at every point. And everything living and non-living was like snow flakes floating in that ocean of Nectar.

If you ask me what my body was, my body was the whole universe of Nectar, attached to awareness at every point. No particular association from the one body from where it started — this body was like every other body.

By morning everything subsided, though the underlying experience remained. I was totally unconscious of my body. I was moving around like an automaton, unaware of my body. In that state I returned to Madurai where I was a physics professor.
-- N.R. Krishnamurti Aiyer

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »
Those people who visited Bhagavan and sat infront of Him and got or felt their self were so fortunated souls, They had done lots of punyam so Bhagavan
dragged to give realisation.

ramanaduli

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:48:17 AM »
That is true.
Jesus Christ said:
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 07:49:32 PM »
Is Baghavan Ramana really gone?

Arunachala Siva
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 01:48:23 PM »
Dear nonduel,

Bhagavan Himself has said:  Where can I go?  I am here.
His body was there upto the completion of "avatara karyam"
-work allotted for the reincarnation.  Once that is over, He
doest the job through the power of the Presence.

Arunachala Siva. 

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »
Dear Subramanian-ji,

;)

Dear nonduel,

Bhagavan Himself has said:  Where can I go?  I am here.
His body was there upto the completion of "avatara karyam"
-work allotted for the reincarnation.  Once that is over, He
doest the job through the power of the Presence.

Arunachala Siva. 
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.