Author Topic: The benefits that are obtained through Guru's Grace - 2  (Read 2080 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
The benefits that are obtained through Guru's Grace - 2
« on: November 27, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »
Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam continues....

(TR. Robert Butler)

Verse 536:-  Mistaking dream for reality, my changeful mind had
been overspread by dark clouds of delusion, intoxicated by its
own error until it was submerged in the reality of the immutable
Self and merged into a true existence where all conflict is absent.

Verse 537:-  When he showed me the mark of the eternal, so that
I cam to shelter in the deep shade of the supreme Self nature,
Peace flourished at his holy feet, entirely destroying the burning
desert of anguish.

Verse 538:-   Through the love of Lord Siva, supreme and immovable source of diverse grace, the clinging delusion of "I" and "mine" disappeared, and my mind, no longer rushing forth in search of objects external to itself, ceased to be deluded and was filled with
a deep peace.

Verse 539:-  My mind had been constantly in motion like a mischievous monkey, but the moment it tasted the Prasadam
of grace -- the healing medicine bestowed with love of the guru
-- and withdrew into the heart, a healing peace at once blossomed
forth; words cannot describe the wonder of it.

Verse 540:-  Assuming the nature of the delusion which hold it captive, my mind languished until it dissolved into the nature of the loving grace of the Sadguru -- whose own radiant nature is that
of realization -- and merged with the existence whose nature
is the reality of the Lord Siva.

Verse 541:-  Now that the supreme reality, vast like the heavens
above, has come in the form of the guru to rule over me, so that
my body, my very life has been destroyed yet somehow still remains, my "I" flourishes as the supreme reality itself.

Verse 542:- He merged with me in the heart, bringing me to the blessed state of deep clarity in which "I" was no longer separate
from his own Self, and then within that Self, the suopreme that is our true nature, there flourished a deep devotion.

Verse 543:-  By the power of grace which entered my heart through devotion to noble Sri Ramana, whose form is that of the Dweller in Tillai's (Chidambaram) Golden Hall, (Tiru Chitrambalam), the light of reality shone forth, putting an end to the agonizing poverty which was nothing more than an illusion caused byt my mental sloth.

(Source: Sri Guru Ramana Prasadam, Muruganar. Tr. Robert Butler,  Published by Robert Butler (C). )

Arunachala Siva.