Author Topic: Prior to.....  (Read 2574 times)

jimrich

• View Profile
Prior to.....
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »
I am finding some very potent benefits in studying and experiencing the teachings of 'Prior to': thought, feelings, action, reaction, being, birth, etc.
It seems magical to examine or contemplate who or what is there Prior to some mental event or state, etc.  The core Awareness that I am seems apparent and now if and when I stop to consider who/what is here Prior to a thought, action, etc.
Since I have lived most of my person life in a 'what's happening now or next' state - never noticing if there is or was something Prior to all of this living (except a void or nothing at all), it is quite refreshing to consider who/what is Prior to the birth of a universe, star, world, person, etc. 
I would have said God is there as the creator of all this stuff and will be there after it's all finished but never associate my (personal) self with or as this creator-god so it's nice to have a sage point out that Awareness (our core identity) is Prior to such and such.   

After working with 'Prior to', it seem so obvious that 'I' emerges from something and goes back there....not an empty void but Me (who is not a temporary little me).   My current problem is that I can not 'abide' as Awareness alone for very long but it's getting easier, thanks to A Ramana, to go and then stay here/there.  I really liked what he said when asked 'how to get back to the Awareness' and Ramana says "How to not stay there?"  The seeker could not or would not respond but I can say that I leave there by going into yet another 'me' mental drama - either good or bad - and then wonder what happened to ME!

What is your take on 'Prior to' or any of Ramana's teachings re: staying in/as Awareness prior to.......?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Prior to.....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
Dear jimrich, Prior to thoughts, there is Awareness.  But
prior to Awareness, there is nothing, since It is the First
Cause, the Causeless Cause.

Arunachala Siva. 

SANKAR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:32:21 AM »

Arunachala Siva. 

DEAR, ALL CAUSE, ARISE FROM CAUSELESS CAUSE
KANNAN MEERA SANKAR

jimrich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 03:06:45 AM »

Arunachala Siva. 

DEAR, ALL CAUSE, ARISE FROM CAUSELESS CAUSE

Is this yet another example of the "semantics" game where more and more layers of names and principles are piled on top of what should be an utterly simple thing?  Is this "causeless cause" just another term meaning ME?  LOL, where does it end?  When I move beyond or outside of my "I" or "me", I find myself in and as the NOTHINGNESS (Causeless Cause) which seems just about as far as anyone needs to go but I can appreciate that some of you need to find more and more layers of Self to move to or become.