Author Topic: Practice & Attitude...  (Read 1557 times)

srkudai

Practice & Attitude...
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:17:49 PM »
When we do a sadhana, like observing the breath or doing japa, or remaining in present etc ... these are all very useful
ways to remain centered. But they all suffer from this problem: we cannot do it all the time. Its simply not possible to
remain doing this always.

So an attitude is suggested in our scriptures. Attitudes have an advantage that the once we adopt that attitude the
other things follow of themselves.
suppose i practice being in the present moment ... i will forget every now and then, get back to it and then again we forget.
imagine now, instead of doing this, i take up the attitude that i am ramana. i am ramana moving in this world... so i am just
acting like ramana [and truely its not action. its truth ... i am infact acting that i am something other than ramana] ... suddenly
everything falls into place... i automatically live in presence!

so practice always needs the assistance of attitude. Whenever mind moves away from breath, take it back to breath ... but the
essential question is why is the mind straying! That is where inquiry comes into picture...
attitude aids the practice.
attitudes are like "The world is a Dream", "I am like Hanuman, a servant of God"  etc.
these are beautiful aids to Self realization.

Love!
Silence

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Practice & Attitude...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Bhagavan Ramana once said:  If you practice with conviction,
the Guru outside (the Guru in Form) will push you inside within
you.  The Guru within you (Atma) will pull you towards the Heart.
The Guru krupa depends on one's attitude and serious conviction.

Arunachala Siva.

nonduel

• View Profile
Re: Practice & Attitude...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:27:47 PM »
Conviction, earnestness!

Love
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.