Author Topic: Ashtavakra gita -10 [You Are Consciousness]  (Read 2245 times)

srkudai

Ashtavakra gita -10 [You Are Consciousness]
« on: October 30, 2009, 03:41:50 PM »

Ashtavakra says "Know that you are Consciousness and be liberated"

That is a very important line. Consciousness is ever liberated. it cannot be bound in the first place.
Consciousness has no thoughts.
Consciousness has no forms.

its like space --- the objects move in space, the space does not "contain" the objects. The space is not changed when the objects in the space vanish.
Same with consciousness. Consciousness, the changeless Truth --- me ... is ever Free of thoughts. there is not a trace of thought in it.

its totally redundant to say "pure" consciousness. Consciousness is always pure. thoughts come and go ... like clouds ... but consciousness does not change.

So when the mind / body changes states --- that is expected. They are changing entities. no one can make them changeless. many people try this and consequently fail. While the so called materialist tries to make the body changeless by hatha yoga or other practices ... a "spiritual seeker" tries to make the mind changeless !!
Both are meaningless.Coz mind has to change. There is no alternative.

Yet another kind of seeker tries to "Kill mind" ... mind need not be killed. its never "alive" ... the notion that its alive is to be killed. its like a machine, its just running ... like a computer. one should not say a particular kind of thought should not arise. coz thoughts are our information. we act on their basis. if the thought of the route to my home is not there ... i cannot go home. i need the thought. the body and mind are beautiful equipments with me. they are my utilities. without body i cannot function in this world. without mind too its the same. they are like excellent gifts from god to all of us. but like a gift of car given to a son by his father ... if the son does not know how to handle the car ... he gets doomed. the car is not to be blamed for this.
same with mind. the mind is not to be blamed if i get identified with it.
as consciousness i am ever Free.

Love!
Silence

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Re: Ashtavakra gita -10 [You Are Consciousness]
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 12:31:59 PM »
Dear udaiji
please tell me, if you are in a traffic police officer position, how you would file the case in this practical world
The person who made the accident, the person who got hurt, and the police officer, and the witness people around the spot all are changeless
consiousness. People see the accident according to their understanding, but the enlightened person feel nothing happened,
Astroledger may say the time is bad for the ill fated man.

Ramanaduli

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
Dear Udai ji,

It is a great feeling to know I am king. Every moment I started watching now my role at present moment. Most of the work I think it is my prarabtha karmas.
Now there are two voices always speaking within me. Sometimes it looks I wasted so much time in useless way, did not do sat karmas. etc. etc.
I except the people who are in the same line like this forum people. I find difficult to deal with other set of people. As you say, I try to do all the work without the doer ship. Bhagvan is there to help me.

Ramanaduli

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »
Dear Udai ji

It is ok. All the actions are done due to our thoughts. If we laugh you mean that our mind is laughing and the self is witnessing. In the same way if we cry that too also the mind only cries. Does emotions also from the mind? They say for attainment Bhakti also one kind of way. For bhakti we should have emotions like Alzwars and Nayanmars. Here please explain me this emotions are coming from where? Does the self does not have any emotions except bliss.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:36:35 AM »
Dear Ramanaduli,

As said by srkudai, it is all mind's mischief.  Bhagavan Ramana
says in Who am I?  (when Pillai asked whether one could ever
be in Swarupam, when vasanas are there like waves of an ocean):

"Do not think whether it is possible or not.  If one could stubbornly
meditate on Swarupam, it is enough.  Let a million thoughts
come.  Keep snapping them one by one, by careful enquiry.
The soldiers will be coming out from the fort as long as they are there.  Finally, the fort will be yours!"

Saint Arunagiri Natha says:  "O Skanda, what can I do?  Within
one rotation of potter's wheel, there will be 700 million thoughts.
Please grace me by setting right my mind!"  (Skandar Andati)

This is Sarangati.  Self enquiry and self surrender are both
the two sides of the same coin.  Perseverence and convicition
are the only two characterisitics to be kept up.

Arunachala Siva.