Author Topic: Spiritual Heart(Real "i")  (Read 6338 times)

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
Spiritual Heart(Real "i")
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
Those who are living with "I-am-the-body -idea" are conscious of themselves as a set of adjuncts.Even when they lose some parts of the adjuncts
the awareness of "i am" is always there.So there must be a centre of awareness which is independent of all these adjuncts.When a man with
body bound mind says "I am"he means that he is a body.In deep sleep there is no "I-am-the-body"thought but we are existing happily without
that thought.The source from which "I"thought arises in waking and dream state is called spiritual heart or centre of awareness and it is not an
objective entity to be perceived by "I"thought.Because of our deep identification with the adjuncts we doubt whether there is a centre of awareness at all.
Awareness flows from this centre through the nervous system throughout the body there by animating the insentient adjuncts.
When we are attracted to the objective reality there is apparent movement of this awareness towards the object and we miss the nature of
awareness during this movement.The act of directing awareness towards something that appears other than ourself is the act of thinking.
Thoughts and images arise in our mind and they are formed by action of thinking or imgining them,an action that can occur only when we allow
our awareness to move from ourself.Mind is kept alive by constant directing away of awareness from self towards objects.By doing self-enquiry
the awareness is withdrawn from the thoughts and objects and the awareness is concentrated without any oscillation.Once there is such stillness
without any thoughts the nature of awareness is revealed to us without any effort on our part spotaneously as living "I am" "I am" pulsation.
This pulsation is called Aham Sphurana which is a forestate of self realisation.Real meditation happens spontaneously in this state.

Spiritual heart is thought-free,nondual,adjunctless,nonobjective,basic form of exclusive clear self conscious being "I am"which is the base for appearence
and disappearence of the mind and the world.Because it supports everything(sarvam) it is called heart(ullam).It is the source of "I"thought but
silent intrinsically.The spiritual heart is not a part of body.

The spiritual  heart exists as it should be.If we keep on framing ideas and false notions about it there will be apparent oscillation of awareness and it's
presence is not felt as it is.We can know the spiritual heart only by being it but not by thinking about it.We have lost the knowledge of spiritual heart
because of identity with the body.Due to the defect of superimposition(Adhyasa) we attributing movements of body and mind on us.
We are different from the body and mind.Our essential nature is awareness i.e "I am that I am".

So the source of everything,the self-effulgent spiritual heart is our nature.To posit our mind in it is real devotion,real knowledge,real union with our
essential being(yoga).Once the mind is posited in the spiritual heart it becomes one with the spiritual heart,jut as salt-lump when thrown into the sea
dissolves and becomes one with the sea.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Spiritual Heart(Real "i")
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »
Dear DRPSSVN Raju, I saw your excellent piece.  Only one
addition.  The spiritual heart is all pervsaive and is everywhere.
It is called the Self, Brahman or Atma.  The Heart Centre,
for enquiry lies on the right side of the chest and is different
from the blood pumping organ.  By enquiring into the Heart
Centre, one merges with the Heart.

Arunachala Siva. 

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 03:11:01 AM »
Dear sir,

If the spiritual heart is not a body organ then how we could feel. I have seen Maruthi opens heart and shows  Sri Ram, Sri Raghavendra also shows Sri Ram and Jesus shows the light. Even I read, when Drowpathi called Govinda Krishna Lord did not come but when she called hirdhayakamala vasa God started giving sarees and protected her. All talk about this Heart.
Even Bhagavan also mentioned it is in the right side of chest. In Lalitha sahasranamam also it is mentioned there are 3 grandhis, one is hridhyagrandhi. Still I do not feel this. When the mind vanishes then can we feel this spiritual heart?

Ramanaduli

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:30:50 AM »
Dear Ramanaduli,
                       All that is vital and essential is not part of the body.The body is insentient and it is animated by the energy derived from
the spiritual heart.You are trying to feel the vital essence through this animated body in an objective way.You are the spiritual heart
which is conscious of it's existence without the help of any external agency.It is a living pulsatile consciousness.The sukha we feel daily
in deep sleep is not part of the body yet we feel that sukha and we say i slept very happily because that sukha is conscious of itself
without the aid of the mind or the body.The same sukha is also there in the waking state also but we lost it's sight of it because of
hovering of thought matter over it just like clouds hinder the light of the sun.If you are free of thought matter in the waking state
the self-effulgece of spiritual heart is revealed in all it's glory.The energy of spiritual heart enters the body through a nerve plexus
situated on the right side of chest and the awareness spreads all over the body through nerves thus animating the insentient body.
Just as light of the sun makes the lotus to bloom and sun is not a part of lotus,just in the presence of spiritual heart body is animated
but spiritual heart is not a part of the body.Spiritual heart survives the death of the body and we are the spiritual heart,so we are
birthless and deathless.It is only the mind which makes us feel that we are the body and it is only an idea.In the presence of saints
you will feel the spiritual heart an the imagination that you are the body is nullified.Realisation is nothing but the destruction of
"I-am-the-body-idea"once and forever but not acquairing the self because you are already that.Pure consciousness resides in the
heart cave and to show it symbolically the incidents you have mentioned are useful.If you are free from "I-am-the-body-idea"
you will experince your nature as the spiritual heart "here and now".This is certain.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli and Raju,  The Spiritual Heart is not the blood
bumping heart, which is on the left side of the chest.  Even here
the location of the Spiritual Heart, on the right side of the chest,
two digits to the right of the mid point, is spoken as a location for
the seekers to do dhyana.  In fact, as Raju has said, It is all
pervading.  For seekers, Bhagavan made a concession and said,
Okay, you meditate on the right side of your chest.  He quoted
a verse from Ashtanga Hrudayam, a Malayalam Ayurvedic book.
The centres mentioned in Sri Soundarya Lahari and Sri Lalita
Sahasranamam, are for the yogic practice of the raja yogis.
These are different.  In fact, the Spritual Heart is not Ajna chakra,
as Bhagavan has clarified.

When some seekers wanted to "test" this, they touched Bhagavan's
right side of the chest, in His abundant Grace, Bhagavan made them
to feel the lab-dub, three times in a minute!  This is again to
'satisfy' them only!

Arunachala Siva.       

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »
Dear Raju ji and Subrahmniyan ji

Thanks for guiding me. I read that even if you think Thruvanamalai you get mukthi. Since I have been chanting I am in some wherre. I understand ,the wrong notion, I -am-body and mind also. And daily I enjoy myself in my deep sleep.And I know I am not that much happy during my waking state. To get that type of happiness (fully aborbed within myself during in deep sleep, I have to take lots steps like I have to take food. ., I need bed with blanket Then only I could have nice deep sleep to get (happily slept well). It is true there would not be no dream. After I get up I feel fresh and rejuvanted.Siting on bed I think where I was all the time. I cannot feel  the "I" ness. during in the deep sleep There is only the post experiences only. When we are in the Hridhya or with the self then why we cannot witness that stage. After geting up once again the same routine follows. Here I want to mention, when I do the old work I can chant but when I want to apply my mind for a new work, automatically my chanting stops. Those who have realised infront of Bhagavan and without Bhagavan like Godman  ( the name itself shows he is born Godman) are so lucky. I know we are all deathless and unborn. after going through books. Still I feel something is lacking within me. ,  When this body needs food I have to eat otherwise I become weak. I have to look after my family. In this situation how I can forget this body....When I read Who I am.  That moment it seems everything is fine.but after that everything gone in wind 
It lasts only few seconds until the door bell rings. Bhagavan says running to the shade from the sun. Wise people they stay in shade only. I hope I put here which is lacking.  please guide me. Because from all the past discussion   it seemsyou are all very serious seekers.

Ramanaduli

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 05:58:51 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,
                       Deep Sleep is a peculiar state of mind in which there are no thoughts so there is no knowledge of objects nor there is knowledge of reality.
So we does not know self or nonself during that mental modification.In deep sleep we do not know we are sleeping while we are asleep but we
know that we "are".Because we are there in deep sleep we say we slept happily.In waking and dream states we do something,but in deep sleep
we do not exist as ego so sleep is not something we do but where we do not exist as ourselves as the ego.In deep sleep we are not aware of
otherness,objectivity,duality or relativity.In deep sleep we neither mistake mind or body as "I".When we experience the contentless state of deep
sleep we do not experience body or mind,so who is this "I"who knows i slept?Finite sense of "I" is devoid in sleep.In waking state "I' is identified
with gross body,in dream state "I"is identified with dream body and in deep sleep "I" is identified with contentless causal body.In all these three
states of the mind there is undercurrent of "I-am-the-body-idea".In deep sleep "I am" is there even when there no thinking.The same "I am"
can be experienced in waking state if the mind free of it's contents in the form of thoughts,tendencies,emotions.You are asking why you are
not experiencing self when in you are in spiritual heart.Because your mind is never dissolved  in it you are saying like that,even if you taste it for few minutes
you will have unquestionable experience of it.Disidentifying with the body does not mean that you should stop your responsibilities in the waking state but you should
remember that you have a body but you are not the body.This will be known with unbroken "Who am i"investigation.
pvssnraju

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 07:46:43 PM »
Dear Raju ji

I have read your mail (aug.4th) for no. of times. Because I have lots of doubts. It takes long time to understand and get disgested. From your mail I understand that  there is the center of awarness i.e. is the spiritual heart. It always there.
It does not have begining or ending. When it flows into our system, our nerves gets activated. When we ignore the power of activation we put ourselves into thinking which leads into action. This activities are done by mind. These actions are cause of suffering. But instead of puting into actions, if we study our thoughts, how it rises, from where and if we send it back to the same place, then we go back to the centre of awarness. i.e. spiritual heart. As this spirtual heart ever throbing without any stops because it is anant, there must be always flow of energy. If we can hold the flow of energy then whole play is over.Is it correct? Because whenever I read Bhagavan's teaching " go to the source" I cannot do it.
In deep sleep as there is no mind but there is pure awarness that is why we feel  some peace. We want that same peace always everytime. But in waking stage as our mind starts activating we cannot feel the peace. Ultimately if we do not obey to our mind  we will be peaceful always.     So far this much gone into my mind...
your comments are highly appreciated..

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,  You will be surprised to know that people
like Annamalai Swami, Lakshmana Swami, Wolter Keers, Papaji
and a few others have 'felt' the pulsation on their right sides of
their chest.

Arunachala Siva.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »
Dear Subrahmaniyan ji

Those were highly fortunated who had their PIRAVI PYAN. in front of Sakshat Bhagavan. Their minds were completed wiped out or became pure mind as you said suddha manas. They might have felt it during their wakful state otherwise how they could have uttered. Sometimes due to the shock or unespected incident there is a possiblity of no mind state.
That time can we feel the pupitation of the right side or is it possible only for yogis lor self realised soul.

Ramanaduli