Author Topic: Sri Sankara Vijayam - 100  (Read 1671 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Sankara Vijayam - 100
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:08:17 PM »
Dasa Sloki or the Ten Verses on the Atman, is like Bhagavan
Ramana's Who am I?  It is quintessence of Ajata Vada, or
Advaita Vedanta of no creation, no dissolution.  The readers
would say that Viveka Choodamani is the detailed work on
Advaita.  Atma Bodham is a abridgement of the same thought.
One can take Dasa Sloki is the irreducible essence of the same
thought further.

Shanti Patam:

Om.  That transcendent Brahman is infinite.  So also is this,
that is, Brahman immanent in the perceptible universe.  The
immanent is based on the transcendent.  In spite of Its immanence in the finite universe, the transcendental Brahman
remains always Infinite.  It does not in any way alter Its infinitude.  May peace - physical, mental and spiritual - be
on us for ever.

1. The referent of the world 'Aham' which is 'I' is the one Atman without a second - the attributeless Truth, indestructible even when the whole creation is dissolved and of the nature of supreme bliss and purity.  It cannot be referred to as the subtle elements like earth, water, fire, air or ether.  Nor can it be called a combination or modification of these - the gross body and the senses.  The Atman is experienced as the persisting consciousness even in deep sleep when the gross body and the senses are not
recognized.

2. Distinction due to colour, caste, and stations in life (asramas), the feeling of 'I' and 'mine', which pertains to the body --which is not the ATman  -- do not dwell in Me who am in reality the one
Atman without a second, the attributeless Truth, indestructible even when the whole creation is dissolved and of the nature of
supreme bliss and purity.  Nor do I stand in need of the various processes of Yoga like dharana and dhyana, enjoined on ordinary seekers as I have realized My Atmanhood, on the cessation of the
feeling of 'I' and 'mine'  associated with the non-Atman.

Arunachala Siva.