Author Topic: Tell me what to do?  (Read 7457 times)

Shanti

• View Profile
Tell me what to do?
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:54:44 AM »
Namaste,

Reasonly I was at Puna for a meditation, and while i was there i had a strong urge to go to Thiruvannamalai. I am a lady and I travelled alone from Malaysia as my friends wants to tour the city and not spent time on meditation.  So I contacted one of tourist guide to take me to Thiruvannamalai. I was very happy that somebody could take me there.  I flew down to Chennai and from here the tourist guide took me to Thiruvannamalai. I was not really happy because the t.g was taking me on a tour and not to my liking (i was confused with all the ideologies of the t.g and was very disappointed)  I could not even sit down long to do my meditation. I did not even go Girivalam as the t.g said that it was only done during Pournami.  One thing  i would like to say that i felt very calm (other feelings i could not really describe) while i was at the smaller meditation room.

I would like to stay at the ashram for sometime and know about Ramana Maharshi and about Arunachala. Can someone please advise me?

Regards

Shanti Davi

Shanti

• View Profile
Re: Tell me what to do?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 01:30:14 PM »
Namaste,

Please note that the first word of the my last post should read as recently and not reasonly.

Please help me.  The place where i reside, not much people knows nor speak of Ramana Maharshi, only when i was at Puna, i came to know about Ramana Maharshi. The bookshops at my place have only books in Tamil edition and not in English Edition. Some what or rather i did manage to get the books on Ramana Maharshi.  Though meditation is not new to me but this simple process of "who am i" given by Ramana Maharshi is something new and has given more meaning to me.

I really want to spend more time at the ashram and get the feel of it. If i have said it wrong, i apologise, but please, i hope someone could guide me.

Best Regards

Shanti   

gabriele

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:53:08 PM »
Dear Shanti Devi,

I would suggest that you contact Ramanashram directly at:
ashram@sriramanamaharshi.org.
If you look under: http://www.ramana-maharshi.org/
and then click on accomodation, more information is found.

Some years ago the Ashram offered foreign visitors a 2 weeks stay at the Ashram directly.
Afterwards it is possible to shift to another stay outside.
But you have to make your visiting-date well in advance. The Ashram is very busy during winter months.

I am sure someone from here should be able to give more detailed informations, if needed.

Re literature in English about Ramana: Many books are for free download at:
http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/Allpub.html
Also an English Ramana-bio is available for free download at: http://www.lulu.com/content/223964
(for sold: http://www.lulu.com/content/208022)

To understand the self-enquire, which Ramana suggested, it is best to read "Who am I?" carefully.
It is also for free on the download-site from Ramanashram

Trust this helps a bit.

Kind Regards
Gabriele

Shanti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:42 AM »
Dear Gabriele,

Thank you very much for your reply/info.  It is of great help to me.  Now I have some kind of knowledge of what to do.

I have read "who am I? and i will read it more carefully again.  The thing is that, when i read it, my mind suddenly becomes overloaded and screams for a stop.  Perhaps, my mind is not able to accept somethings that is direct and simple - too much of conditionings.  All the time, i am more accustomed to rite and ritual and severe fast and long hours of meditations.

Now, early in the morning while my family members are still asleep, i walk about the home premises and do silent self-enquiry.  Suddenly, for a very quick seconds my own feet seems alien to me and i get frightened and then it is back to normal.  Please let me know whether it is the mind that is playing this tricks or it is just normal.

I hope to hear from you.

Best Regards

Shanti Davi

gabriele

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 02:29:18 AM »
Dear Shanti Devi,

Re your experience I am unsure what to answer.
The intent practice may cause the body/mind to certain reactions according to our structure.
When I started the practice I became very frightened.
Perhaps one should not give too much attention on such happenings, but just gently continue.
Gently, not forcibly! The practice must become used - but this normally needs its time.

The "Talks" are a good companion as well.
"Who am I?" is rather intense. Perhaps good to read through it very slowly.

Kind regards
Gabriele

Shanti

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 02:04:06 PM »
Dear Gabriele,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I guess i must plunged in at once and m unable to handle it.  I think i will go slow now. 

Thanks again,

Love

Shanti Davi

barathravi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:14:41 PM »
                                     JBR TRAVELS

(Rayar naidu groups)

MY TRAVELS DEVELOPING,

indigo XL car:

Tiruvannamalai to Chennai airport - Rs.1,950 - A/C extra Rs.180 (one rupee per Km.)
Chennai airport to Tiruvannamalai - Rs.2,050 - A/C extra Rs.180 (one rupee per Km.)

Tourism - Car hire Rs.700.00 per day + driver Rs.200 per 300 km + Fuel cost.

Other vehicles available upon request:

Our experienced team comes out with the perfect travel plan even before your executive reaches the destination!
.Individual Travel
.Pick up and Drop from Airport/Station/Hotel
.Leisure Travel
.Group Travel
.Picnics
.Special Occasions
.Seasonal Travel.
.A/c, Radio, Music System Reading Light and Materials, Fresheners, Tissue Paper and Medical Kit in all vehicles.
.Honest and ethical business principles
.Assistance in Hotel Reservations
.Travel Documentation

Within India

We provide professional travel services in Madurai, Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Ooty, Kodaikanal and all over tamilnadu. Travel cars are: Tavera, Quails, Indica, Innova and all kinds of A/C and Non A/C Cars are available.

Related to : Travel car in Tavera, Quails, Indica, Innova and all kinds of A/C and Non A/C Cars are available, travel services in Madurai, Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Ooty, Kodaikanal and all over tamilnadu.

For further information contact:

R.BHARATH,
                          JBR TRAVELS
                         Rayarnaidu complex,
                        15,polur road,Tiruvannamalai,
                        Tamilnadu,india.
                        cell:09843537010
                     email: jbrtravels3@gmail.com
                               rayarnaidu@gmail.com