Author Topic: Renunciation  (Read 1799 times)

nonduel

• View Profile
Renunciation
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
Renunciation is also "neti-neti" for what can one renunce? What is inherent in me I cannot, what I do not have I cannot. I can only renunce what I am not.

All the thoughts, I am not. The flows of thoughts is relentless and we are so easily lead outward from the self. And it is easy to munch on thoughts about the difficulties, the desire for Realisation, and with it comes a restlessness. This is all of the mind, and keeps our attention outward.

Renunciation and surrender are the same. When the slate is wipped clean, only the Self "remains".

There is a story that Dear Subramanian wrote recently about a young girl who was meditating while a boy tried to distract her, and she said to the boy that he cannot "touch" her. Sri Ramana smiled!

A very enlightening story. Once the conviction that I AM HE, is firm and unfailling, then one has only to gently return within when a thought sprout trying to captivate my attention towards what I am not.

It has often been said that "efforts" is the biggest obstacle. Be Still!

Love
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Renunciation
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »
Dear nonduel,

Renunciation is being.  There is lamp, there is a chimney around it,  there is a quite
lot of smoke on the chimney.  We only clean up the smoke.  Neither the lamp, nor
the chimney is thrown out. 

Recently Nochur Venkataraman said this in his discourse.  He is the person
who has attained the Goal or to put it differently, he is the Goal.

When an earthern lamp is burning, most of us say that the lamp is burning.
A few say that the lamp is extinguishing!

Contemplate on this.  WE say we are living.  But every second, some of the
body cells are dying and new cells are born. Science says that in every seven
years all our body cells have died and are reborn.

I saw the back and forth volley on meateating etc., What to say?

Arunachala Siva.