Author Topic: Bhagavan's Aruna Vijayam Day 2009 - 2  (Read 1339 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 47994
    • View Profile
Bhagavan's Aruna Vijayam Day 2009 - 2
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »
Bhagavan Ramana went straight to the Big Temple of Arunachala.
It was Tuesday, 1st September 1896, Krishna paksha dwadasi.
The temple was totally empty, excepting for priests.  As He entered
the inner sanctum, He felt an incomparable lightness of Being!
He went straight to Siva Lingam and embraced it.  He muttered:
"Father, I have to you as your command.  The rest is yours!"
He had immense peace within Himself.

He came out and approached Ayyankulam tank inside the precincts.
A barber asked Him, whether He could have a tonsure.  He agreed.
The head was shaven.  He tore of his dhoti and made a koupinam
and wore it.  The rest of the dhoti, the sweetmeat packets, the receipt
given by Muthukrishna Bhagavatar for pledge of ear studs, a few
annas of money still left, and more importantly His sacred thread --were all thrown into the tank.   He did not even feel like a bath.  The
sudden down pour of rains descended and gave him a bath of nature!
With wet koupina and body, He went into 1000 pillared mantapam.

He stayed there for some days.  He went into the Patalalingam, the
underground cellar, where there is a Lingam and stayed there motionless, with closed eyes, totally in disregard, food, nature calls,
surroundings etc.,  Seshadri Swamigal found Him, after some days,
when Swamigal saw some urchins throwing stones into the cellar
to hurt Bhagavan Ramana.  Seshadri Swamigal, informed Venkatachala Mudaliar and the latter drove out the urchins, brought
Pazhani Swami, who was working in the nearby flower gardens inside the Temple.  Both brought out the boy, Brahmana Swami and seated
Him near the Gopura Subrahmanya shrine.  Bhagavan's body
was oozing out blood and pus due to bite of insects and scrorpions.
He was not at all conscious of His body.  He had not taken any food
for past several days.  Meantime one Mouna Swami also joined
Pazhaniswami.  Both were looking after Him, in turn.  This Mouna
Swami used to bring the milk after abhishekam of Mother Unnamulai,
in a tumbler and give it to Bhagavan Ramana.  The priest of Unnmulai
Temple saw this practice and soon used to do abhishekam only with
pure milk, unmixed with turnmeric, sugar etc., and supplied this
to Bhagavan Ramana through Mouna Swami and Pazhani Swami.

From Gopura Subrahmanya Shrine, Bhagavan Ramana was later
brought to Mango Tree Gardens by Mouna Swami and Pazhani Swami.
In between, He also stayed in the Vahana Mantapam, the Hall for
keeping the Lord's various vehicles.

From this gardens, Bhagavan Ramana then was brought to Iluppai
Tree near Siva Ganga Tank, inside the Temple. Only under this
Iluppai Tree, people started gathering around Him, as His nature
was understood even by commoners.  It was Kartika Deepam festival,
November 1896.  A few of the great devotees who came to Him,
at Iluppai Tree was Uddandi Nayanar and Annamalai Tambiran.

Arunachala Siva.