Author Topic: Sri Sankara Vijayam - 56  (Read 1583 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Sankara Vijayam - 56
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »
Brahmasri Nochur Venkataraman said:

Gajendra, the elephant, was caught by a crocodile, when the former
went to pluck a lotus for Narayana.  It is said in Srimad Bhagavatam,
that the elephant fought with crocodile for 1000 years.  How can there be a fight between Gajendra, who was trying to release his captured
leg and crocodile which was holding it tight in its jaws?  Really speaking, the elephant had only about a hour of fight.  But the suffering and determination took such a long time ,in its mind,
that he felt he is fighting for 1000 years!  Even this one hour's
misery was there, because, the crocodile thought that it can break
away from the clutches of crocodile with its intellect!  When the intellect failed, the faith rose in its heart.  Narayana was waiting,
when this animal would forsake its faith and then take refuge in me, and at that time, I shall go and save the animal!  When the suffering
is there, time appears to be elongated, when there is happiness
and joy, time seems to run faster.  Actually, there is no time at all!

Time and Space are mental imaginations.  In deep sleep, where is
time, where is space?   Therefore time and space are impermanent too.

Sankara on seeing the turmeric paste, sandal paste, Parijata flowers and long black hair line, had no aversion at all.  Why should he have?  After all, Jnani does not have any thing second to him.  He was in
bhava-samadhi, full of bliss.

Once there was a devotee who took seriously ill inside the Asramam.  Anytime, he could die.  Others wanted Bhagavan Ramana to come and see him in the room.  Bhagavan Ramana first said:  Am I a doctor? What is the use of my seeing him? Anyway, he agreed to see him,
because the patient had exhausted his intellect that the doctors would save him and a great faith had risen in his heart.  Bhagavan Ramana went inside the room, saw the patient, gave His hands to raise him up from the bed.  The patient became quite blissful and cried in tearful
eyes:  Bhagavan!  I am saved.  I am saved.  He spat phelgm and
saliva on Bhagavan's chest.  Bhagavan Ramana gazed at him with
all compassion.  He then came back to the Hall.  The attendants offered Him soap and towel to wash the phelgm and saliva.  Bhagavan Ramana smiled and said:  No, no, there is no use.  He wiped the dirt with His hands and went to the Hall.  In the evening, the patient passed away peacefully.  Why should Bhagavan Ramana not wash the dirt?  Why did He refuse soap and towel?  Because for Bhagavan
Ramana, the patient is not different from Him.  He is one without
a second.  He had no aversion at all for the desert. 

How can Sankara have aversion, when Radha's hairline or sandal paste fell on his body.  Was he different from Radha or Krishna?

Sankara sang the famous Yamunashtakam in Mathura.

Sankara from Mathura proceeded to Sri Nagar, the present Sri
Nagar in Kashmir.

Arunachala Siva.