Author Topic: Kunju Swami's Liberation Day - 7.8.2009  (Read 7599 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Kunju Swami's Liberation Day - 7.8.2009
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:18 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

Kunju Swami lived in Palakothu during Sri Bhagavan's time. During post nirvana years, he was taken care of, by the Asramam itself
(by V. Ganesan) in a room inside the Asramam. He got liberated and merged in Arunachala, in his nineties. In between when
Sri Bhagavan was in mortal coil, he toured North India and got a name some ...ananda, and came back. Sri Bhagavan chided him,
saying, 'what is all this?' You are only Kunju Swami! Whether someone got liberated or not, who can say for sure? A Jnani and his
liberation is known only to another Jnani. However, a samadhi was constructed for him, along with those of Muruganar, Viswanthaswami and others behind the Cow Lakshmi's Samadhi on the higher ground, which one can see if you cross the Cow's samadhi and go across the 'rakshanai' a wall constructed by Annamalai Swami to prevent the rain waters coming into the Asramam.

Every liberated Jnani does not cause a star to move towards the summit of the Hill, as was the case with Sri Bhagavan. We have only
to trust the elders who considered his liberation and constructed a Samadhi for him.  Who are we to question that?
Can we prove otherwise? We cannot because we are all ajnanis.

Arunachala Siva.

No sir,  after maha nirvana of Bhagavan, unless specifically acknowledged by any other jnani,  there is no need to build a samadhi shrine for each and every old devotee in a haste.

these matters assume more importance because for a ajnani ( assuming the vital ari passed out of the body)  building a samadhi as per Thirumular book and building a lingma over such a samadhi will be not spiritually good for the departed "I" thought.

We have had cases of slippage even in very intimate and ardent devotees like Palani Swami.  Ganaputi Muni is another example.

When in doubt,  it is always better to cremate as per that devotee's birth tradition rather than labelling him with videha mukthi hurriedly.

It is not about shooting stars appearing  but atleast that devotee must be acknowledged as a videha muktha by some saint.  Not by fellow devotees.

Muruganar case is quite clear because Bhagavan himself indriectly atleast acknowledged his liberation in body.

Anycase,  I ask pardon from Arunachaleshwara to come up with these views because by experience I could see our Lord is very strict when we speak something about his devotees.

Ramanarpanam:

om namo bhagavate sri ramanayaa.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

How to go in search of another saint to confirm that A or B has attained videha kaivalyam?  In cases like Ecahmma, Mudaliar Patti,
Sivapraksam Pillai and Cow Lakshmi, Sri Bhagavan confirmed as He was there in mortal coil. Of course, Muruganar's case is doubtless.
But for others who passed away, Sri Bhagavan was not there in mortal coil to confirm. This is a tricky situation. Will Asramam accept
some other saints who were far away, say, even Kanchi Mahaswami? They may or may not agree.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

How to go in search of another saint to confirm that A or B has attained videha kaivalyam?  In cases like Ecahmma, Mudaliar Patti,
Sivapraksam Pillai and Cow Lakshmi, Sri Bhagavan confirmed as He was there in mortal coil. Of course, Muruganar's case is doubtless.
But for others who passed away, Sri Bhagavan was not there in mortal coil to confirm. This is a tricky situation. Will Asramam accept
some other saints who were far away, say, even Kanchi Mahaswami? They may or may not agree.

Arunachala Siva.

Correct sir,  so we all accept we are doubtful only.

In such cases,  they should perform the rites as per that devotee's birth.

Not build a samadhi and declare liberation ourselves.

I humbly say the same applies to Chinna Swami samadhi also.

Mumukshutvam is different from videha mukthi.

For videha mukthi , prana should get absorbed not elevated .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

What to say? Only Sri Bhagavan knows. Till such time we either doubt or trust the action of Sri Ramanasramam.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

What to say? Only Sri Bhagavan knows. Till such time we either doubt or trust the action of Sri Ramanasramam.

Arunachala Siva.

Very true sir,  actually this Trust is a bit complex in this scenario.  We can appreciate the good intention of Sri Ramasramam at the max.  Because they are also same like ours,  not yet there as a jnani.  So there is no question of trusting them or not trusting them. 

So in a good will and with good intention they are performing all this,  so we have to say Ramanarpanam.   Let good comes to all.  And also ask pardon to God for any mistakes we would have committed in these matters.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

I could locate my copy of Enanthu NinaivugaL by Kunju Swami, the English translation is titled Living with the Master.

Kunju Swmi was born in Jan 1897 in a village between Palakkad and Chittoor (not Andhra Chittoor). He came to
Sri Bhagavan in 1920. He attained videha kaivalyam in August 1992, in his ninety fifth year.

Arunachala Siva. 

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 08:20:06 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

I could locate my copy of Enanthu NinaivugaL by Kunju Swami, the English translation is titled Living with the Master.

Kunju Swmi was born in Jan 1897 in a village between Palakkad and Chittoor (not Andhra Chittoor). He came to
Sri Bhagavan in 1920. He attained videha kaivalyam in August 1992, in his ninety fifth year.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramaniam Sir

At last the correct DOB of Kunju Swami was got and I know where the problem came . In the earlier link the DOB was wrongly given as 1887 and that made me wonder whether he lived for 105 years .Now I am clear that he was born in 1897 and he lived for 95 years .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha