Author Topic: Mind in Day by Day - 9  (Read 9237 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Mind in Day by Day - 9
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
Dear amiatall and Ramanaduli,

Yes, I agree with you.  Even the Seer concept can be
interpreted as dual.  But it is not the one who sees, it is
just Being.  In fact, Nochur Venkataraman was explaining
the word "Witness" - Sakshi in Sanskrit.  One should not
rush to interpret that if one is a witness, then there must be
a witnessed object and it implies duality.  NO.  Witness just
means Being.  Sakshi means just being.  It is not eye seeing
the eye, [for that matter, eye cannot see the eye] but the
AhakaN- the inner Eye seeing everything.  "Bhagavan has
said in Arunachala Akshara Manamalai :  You turn back and
see the Heart, then you will 'see'!"   All seeing of the world is
Dukha, sorrow; Seeing within is Bliss.

Arunachala Siva.   

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
Dear sirs,

I think it is misunderstood by me  beause I took the meaning of the "witness" like a witness in the court. When the judge asks the witness, he would narrate what he has seen. In this way I thought the witness could talk. But Mr. subramaniyan ji says, it is just being. Please explain me about all these words.
They say, witness is bliss. Here, I want to say that sometimes, we would witness so many things, where we knew the events but we would be helpless. That time we would be witness. Is it not?  While witness the outside world, we never have the happiness or bliss instead we have pain and disgusting.
That means it is not the same witness what the vedanta talks?

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,

Sakshi or Witness is not like giving some confirmation in
the courts.  It is normally used to interpret that the witness
has not performed the act but has simply seen.  In Vedanta
and Bhagavan Ramana's teachings, it is used in the sense
that Witness or Sakshi is just is.  There is only 'is-ness' or
'being' and not words.  It can of course 'see' since Brahman
is full of eyes.  We can explain this like this.  Take a deepam
or a light inside the 'puja' room.  It is witnessing all your
pujas, but does not say anything or confirm anything.  This
is Sakshi.  The deepam is the Sakshi.  Suppose there is a murder, inside a house.  No one is there.  But there is a clock
or a god's photo or moon through the window.  These are all
Sakshis or Witnesses in the Vedantic and Ramana's sense.
Brahman or Thaan or the Self within, is Witness.  It is ever there.  Poetically it is said that one can see it through the eye
within or the Jnana-eye.

Arunachala Siva.   

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 09:21:49 PM »
Dear Udai ji and Subramaniyan ji,
Thanks for explaining step by step. Now I understood the correct meaning of "witness". So including me everyone is witness which can see only but it would not talk. And we must remain in witness state that is "being." To be in that state, we must fix our mind in this point only, ignoring and understanding other
things all are mithya. This witness knows what I was and what I am now, and what I would be. Due to my ignorance and old habit I cannot fix on being witness.So I should be watchfull and bring my awarness back and fix it always.  Is it correct.
Hope you would not mind to explain.

Ramanaduli

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »
Dear Udai ji and Subramaniyan ji,
Thanks for explaining step by step. Now I understood the correct meaning of "witness". So including me everyone is witness which can see only but it would not talk. And we must remain in witness state that is "being." To be in that state, we must fix our mind in this point only, ignoring and understanding other
things all are mithya. This witness knows what I was and what I am now, and what I would be. Due to my ignorance and old habit I cannot fix on being witness.So I should be watchfull and bring my awarness back and fix it always.  Is it correct.
Hope you would not mind to explain.

Ramanaduli

dear  ramanduli I would like ot share my limited understanding with you..

it is correct to make an effort to become the witness...and I read that you want to move into it or something like this...

this is the best effort our mind can do, but please do not forget that what you are is everpresent and does not need to be gained, it is without any effort, it was never lost, so why try to gain it?

you sit right there, with you is the subtle knowledge of "Iam alive" thats all that is neccessary.....you may fix your attention on it, you may not fix your attention on it...it makes no difference

it makes no difference if you meditate about it or not....you know why? because it is there if you meditate and also if you dont meditate about it...

ramana says: the "heart" is nothing you can meditate about, it is hte space in wich mediation happens

this means meditation may happen, may not....

according to my experience meditation (any sadhana) is just to strenghten the sattvic energies of the mind...wich aids in the natural relaxation into what is like it is..

and this relaxtion into what is like it is (or Iamness)...is the same like surrendering...and this is due to grace...wich is beyond personal effort

I wish you a path without stones
matthias

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 08:41:14 AM »
Dear Matthias.

Thank you very much. When I read your lines, what Ramana says, the heart is nothing you can mediate about. It is the space in which meditate
happens,...
could not read further. tears started falling down.. 

Ramanaduli

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »
 :)

yes ramana is of intense power and light...