Author Topic: Michael Jackson dead  (Read 2835 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Michael Jackson dead
« on: June 26, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
This morning BBC News channel and NDTV were all telecasting
about Michael Jackson, who died of cardiac arrest at the age
of 50 in LA.  His life was an aggessive pursuit of dance and music, equally aggressive vainglorious pursuit for drugs, plastic
surgery and child abuse.  The commentator said:  He always
rejoiced sound and music and dance and he never liked silence!
What a misdirected value!  He never liked silence and was
afraid of silence.  And that is why his mind went outwards
and did not turn inwards and gave him a premature death.
His parents are alive.  His sisters are alive.  His children are
yet to come up and in their midst, he went to non-returning
silence of death!

Arunachala Siva.   

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Re: Michael Jackson dead
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 06:18:51 PM »
I think it is a temporary rest. He may return soon. Some of his songs are meaningfull but the music brought restless steps among the younger crowd.
The king of dance Natraja always dances with lots of meaning with a beautiful smile on his lips. But the pop king never showed his face fully at any time.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:43:10 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,

There was one Tamil new wave poem.  Nadhame Brahmam
Enral, Nadhakulaivuthu thaan enna?  If Nadham is Brahman,
what is fracturing of Nadham? It is all delusion and savagery.
When Nataraja dances, the tiger {Vyakrapada} is speechless
and is in contemplation; the serpent {Patanjali} is non moving
and is still.  Patanjali is the serpent, the serpent is always
moving about, Nataraja makes the serpent curl up with out
movement in total silence.

Arunachala Siva.

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
dear subramanian

we should not judge this man so hard...think abut this life...to be in such a position!! what a incredible pressure...

we should let him rest, without calling him this or that

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »
Dear matthias,

No. No.  I am not trying to judge him.  Do not speak evil
about the dead, says the scriptures.  I was only trying to
say that he should have looked inwards in contemplative
silence, between his busy schedules of dance and music.
That contemplative silence would have given enough
ease from his tremendous pressures.  No psychiatrist
perhaps taught him the value of silence in between
the noise and sound of music.

Arunachala Siva. 

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 12:06:40 PM »
he was a friend of deepak chopra a spiritual teacher in america, they meditated together, mostly after shows

he read rabintranth tagore, sufi poetry...so he was not a godless person

Paintbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 02:24:26 AM »
Michael Jackson was by no means perfect, but having been thrust into the limelight at such an early age on account of his remarkable talent and his ruthlessly ambitious, brutal father, he never had the chance to develop into a mature and balanced individual, seeking solace in his music and his dancing - agitated it may be, innovative and mesmerising it certainly was. He was a vulnerable individual, exploited since the age of ten for financial gain and it is worth noting that he was acquitted of every charge levelled at him in a court of law. Witness the huge outpouring of grief around the world at his passing - his talents were divinely inspired, such is the touch of god given genius. A lamentation for the passing of an individual I have never witnessed, and I can think of only a handful ( not even that ) of individuals living today who's passing will inspire the same.

He himself believed his talents were god given and he took no credit for them. He was raised a Jehovah's Witness and practiced this at times throughout his life and investigated the teachings of Islam and always believed in God. That he lost his way is undeniable, and it was painful to watch such a beautiful and gifted man torture himself through material indulgence and self loathing to the extent that he would change his appearance so terribly ( nor do I believe that this sweet natured manchild ever abused children, though he related to them as a child and this is odd behaviour for an adult), but the gifts he leaves will be played and serve as inspiration for generations ( people who weren't even born during his hey day lament his passing as they love his music). His spirit was generous, and he donated millions to children's charities through his foundations and he was only ever happy on stage sharing his gifts.

As we ourselves our seekers of God, and not yet fully realised, I do not expect judgement of others, especially the vulnerable and helpless,

May Michael Jackson, through this life, have exhausted much of his karma, and through the happiness and joy he gave to millions across all ages, countries and races, find the peace and happiness that eluded him in this one,

Amen