Author Topic: Mind is a Shadow...  (Read 3417 times)

srkudai

Mind is a Shadow...
« on: June 19, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »
:) To add to what Annamalai swami says elsewhere, i shall quote from Panchadasi :
Panchadasi chapter 7
verse 264: To bring to end your worldly dealings you may practice contemplation as much as you like, but i know the worldly dealings to be perfectly harmless . why should i then meditate?

Verse 265: There is no distraction for me, so for me there is no need for samadhi too. both distraction and absorption are states of changeable mind

Love!
Silence

matthias

• View Profile
Re: Mind is a Shadow...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »
the text says if u admit that that knowledge of self alone constitutes realizaiton, you have accepted our position

this alone shows that the view is limited....

it continous with:

gain if u say to have realization the troubling mind is to be controlled, we bless you. be happy, do control the mind [sarcastic]

this is a perfect example of limiting the infinit potential of hte mind with taking a position and deniing another...

but it also is true of course controlling the mind is does not need to be practiced to gain realization, on the other hand knowledge of self is also no aid...

what is to be done?

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »
yes indeed :)

but we can always play arround with words and meaning...

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »
dear skrudai

thats true, I justed wanted to point out that it is an endless discussion, and there are no real hindrances or aids, all this is simply on minds level....

but if one thinks that making pranayama is good for his sahdna let him do it, if he misstakes this to be all that needs to be done then he has a problem....

same with one that simply does neti neti...you see as long as he is doing it, as long as we need practice we should not stop with it..

when we are witout break in the natural state, during wakeing dreaminf and deep sleep then we do not need anysor tof practice...and as long this is reached all practice (when helpfull is good), but to misstake the praxis with liberation is dangerous...

in this sense also the conviction "Iam conciousness" is a practice...

same is the discussion about destroying thoughts or ignoring them or simply watching them...

the thing is that there will never be the right answer about this question as there are different minds and therfor different methods..

may it be virtous
matthias

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »
Dear Udai ji

Slowly I understood your explainations. All the steps towards God is only making our mind still for time being. After sometime we are in same position.
During the puja I cannot concentrate on "I". I think that time The Mind is occupied with the slokams and pujas. When the things are not in favour of mine I can see the disturbances that time as you say I watch my mind how it gets disturbed. It takes long time to heal. It looks very difficult to catch the ral "I" which is far behind.

Ramanaduli