Author Topic: Nochur Venkatraman  (Read 45302 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Nochur Venkatraman
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
Mahadevan,
To have thirst for spiritual Living is a great Blessing.You are truly blessed.
I Recommend this book by Swami Ashokananda(Sri Ramakrishna Order of Monks):
http://www.estudantedavedanta.net/spiritual%20practice.pdf
We have all gone through what you have said!There is no need to run away anywhere.God has placed us in circumstances which only aid our spiritual unfoldment.The Focus should be on developing devotion,viveka and vairagya.Vairagya is not getting rid of objects but non attachment to objects.
I also recommend the wonderful book,indispensable for all aspirants no matter what path he or she travels-The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna.You may download it from this link:
http://www.wearesentience.com/uploads/7/2/9/3/7293936/gospel_srk.pdf

Spiritual Living is arduous in the Beginning and requires patience and commitment.As we practice,we will gain in clarity and the deepening will take place and we will understand that external factors cannot detract us ;to the contrary they only serve to ground us all the more firmly.

Wishing you the very Best.May the Grace of Sri Bhagavan be ever with you and lead you onwards.

Namaskar

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »
Could anyone of you please guide me as to how I will get the grace of Guru Ramana and Shiva so that I can get inner voice of Ramana as to what path I need to take to realize.

Dear Mahadevan

Best way to receive the Grace of Bhagavan Ramana is to read his works and join a Ramana Satsang in whichever City / Town you are . The first step on spiritual path is to be part of a satsangh . Even this forum is a sort of cyber satsang . If there is no Ramana Satsang in your area then best is to keep a picture of Bhagavan Ramana  in your room and read his works daily  for a few minutes early morning and also before retiring to bed . If you know Tamil then best is to follow the Tamil Parayana ( the audio and text is available for download freely on the Ramana Ashram website ) and use his Tamil works as a daily prayer and start doing this and the divine grace will itself guide you to the next stage .
All the best in your Sadhana .

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 04:18:58 PM »
As he (Nochur Venkataraman) says, Ramana has opened the greatest secret for salvation - the "Who am I" enquiry method which is the shortest and only method to finally reach the goal.

Dear Mohanji:

Sorry, I am only now seeing this. It is not true that self inquiry is the only method for self realization. Bhagavan, himself, said it wasn't. Kunju Swami (Bhagavan's trusted assistant) said in his autobiography published by Sri Ramanasramam, that Bhagavan said it wasn't the only method for self realization.

Usually meditation and self inquiry are the last steps of yoga - the last of the Yamas and Niyamas. Unless we have practiced the others, in this lifetime or in previous ones, meditation and self inquiry, are not the practices to do. The way we know this is when we sit for meditation are you able to slip effortlessly into a deep state. Put in lay man's terms it is like this: Once we have done and mastered all the other practices, the Divine HIMSELF will open the door and let us in.

I was told that  Sri Nochurji himself does japam. So I don't know if he would have said that self inquiry is the only way. I didn't hear him say that for myself. So I will not comment on it.

I know Sri Nochurji is a great speaker. However, on the spiritual path it is important to use our own discrimination. It is one of the yamas and niyamas.

My advice: don't accept everything anyone says just because there was one thing they said that resonated deeply within you. It is always good to establish your own link to the Divine and seek the truth. That is why we do the spiritual practices of Hatha Yoga, Pranayama, Japam, Pujai, Girivalam, Seva, pilgrimage. The Hindu religion is so full and so beautiful. Discover it for yourself. 

Just my thoughts. Don't all jump at me. :-)

Ksksat27ji, please don't put my entire post in quotes and comment on it. I find it really obnoxious. I think I have said it several times. :-)

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:00:21 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 04:31:32 AM »
P.S:  I found the exact para in post #6 of this thread. it is by Atma Vichar

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=8202.msg62216#msg62216

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:17 AM »
Sri Nochur Venkatraman will give talks on Ullady Narpadu(Reality in Forty Verses) in Tamil starting June 21, 2014 through June 27, 2014. The talks will be webcast live from Sri Ramanasramam everyday from 9:30 AM to 11 AM from www.gururamana.net.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:09:38 AM by Balaji »
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
Thank you very much sir.
for this information,

ramanaduli

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
Thank you Sri Balaji,

I am feeling so blessed to sit at 11 pm at night in Chicago watching and listening to Sri Nochurji discourse on Ulladu Narpadu at Ramanashramam. I have been listening to his old talks from the Ashram website but it is wonderful to listen to it live!

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 08:55:39 PM »
Dear ksksat27 ji,

Apology accepted  :)

It looks like you have been doing serious spiritual practices. Pilgrimage, japa, danam, girivalam. That is great.  No matter how many lectures we listen to, in the end we will all have to do the practices to realize the Truth for ourselves.

Have a great weekend. 

Child of Arunachala

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:07:58 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Nochur Sri Venkatraman's Talks on EkAnma panchakam & Srimad Bhagavatham
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
Friends,
Nochur Sri Venkatraman has been giving Talks at Narada gana sabha,chennai from 4th,July 2014 morning
Morning he is taking up Sri Bhagavan's ekAnma panchakam (07:00 to 08:00 hrs) and in the evening he is covering Srimad Bhagavatham.(18:30 -20:30 hrs).

Namaskar

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 07:05:24 AM »
thanks  shri ravi for informing shri nochur's prog at chennai. though i miss i hope I can get the CDs later .

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »
Dear ksksat27 ji,

When you seek some one's forgiveness (and it is given in good faith, as in this case),  you shouldn't go and do the same thing that irked them in the first place. You did just that. Quote my entire post back to me especially when your reply was the very next post to mine.

It doesn't matter how many CD of talks you own, ultimately it's the arrogance, stubborn, disrespectful personality within yourself that has to be worked on.  Only you can do it. Listening to someone else's experiences isn't going to do it for you. Glory to the person who did the practices to have all this wisdom. But what about you? Something to think about.

I take back my acceptance of your insincere apology.  :(

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 03:07:16 AM »
I am only now seeing this.  It is so funny.  ksksat #27 has deleted his/her posts asking for forgiveness.  Also gone are the separate thread he/she started warning us of the wrath of God if we didn't fall in line and the one confusing a real siddhar like coconut swami with the ones in training.

Well, all I can say is I hope you learned something from this.

Child of Arunachala

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »
Dear Child of Arunachala

My message did not go well,  no wrath of God to anybody. God does not punish Himself.  I saw your reply in that thread, realized that my entire thread was totally misunderstood and to avoid further arguments and controversy I just removed the topics.  I am not here to promote anybody.

Please feel free to voice your opinions about anybody or any stuff .  It is none of my business. I have no rights to intervene. 

I posted about Sri Cocunut swami only in good spirit and no hidden agenda in that also.  I did not compare anybody under training with anybody who already attained.  I know only to respect all elders not to judge anybody.   Anycase, as you were not comfortable with that thread on Cocunut Swami and you also pointed out rightly on the forum rules, I deleted that thread as well.

If something hurts you why should I continue to keep it?

Today is Friday. Seeing your post, I am deeply upset.

My humble suggestion is,  I am already a week and meek creature,  please dont mistake and find arguments with me.  It is like beating a dead snake. 

Regarding my apology for the quoting and replying, believe me, trust me atleast in this matter, it is a technical misinterpretation.

Please kindly think this way -- someone just apologized and you also cordially replied,  on top of it,  why would I want to again quote and reply and create hurting sentiments to you?  I was totally taking it to be something else --  I did not realize that you simply pointed out the Quote and Reply feature,  until you explicitly pointed out in the reply to the apology .  I even messaged you privately but there was no reply.  To avoid all agrument related posts on the thread containing 'that subject' I simply removed them all.

I hope I have made myself clear,  if you still have issues,   please let me know your advise and I will follow to the best. 

Arunachalam.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:57:10 AM by ksksat27 »

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
Dear ksksat27,

Ok! matter settled. We will not bring this up again. :-)

Congratulations on getting your diabetes under control. I know a few people who are diabetics and do girivalam regularly, one of them barefoot. He is nearing 80 years old but healthier now than he was 30 years ago when he was first diagnosed with insulin dependent diabetes. It is pretty amazing the miracles Arunachala performs on a daily basis.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:31:08 PM by Child of Arunachala »

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
I am very happy to see your reply.  :) :)

I also consider the matter settled.  It shows your majesty that you don't ignore people,  it is better to speak out and resolve differences.  I am an emanation from your mind and you are an eamnatin from my mind.  There is a connect and that is now set right.  :)

And very very happy to see that you have read my posts and giving me booster  :)  :)

Friday flower blossomed today.

We will continue to discuss on spiritual topics and you can always private message me to discuss any topic that you feel not fit for a wide known public.

I read your message on Arunachala Giri Pradakshina -- will message you and get more details on Father Arunachala from you.