Author Topic: Nochur Venkatraman  (Read 17394 times)

mmohan

• View Profile
Nochur Venkatraman
« on: June 08, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »
Has anyone here heard his talks? It is simply sublime. He is a great devotee of Ramana and explains his teachings in such a lucid manner that it is a treat to listen. Seems he had a great personal experience as a child (kind of realisation) and came to accept Ramana as his guru. I came to really understand Ramana's teachings through him only. He is very young and gives talks in Tamil & Malayalam in many cities including Bangalore on many topics such as Ramana's works, Gita, Bhagavatha etc. His followers has created a website nochurlisteners.com to share his knowledge.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Nochur Venkatraman
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »
Dear mmohan,

I am absolutely happy to know more about Nochur Venkatraman.  I heard him for a few days in Sri Sankara TV, where he was talking on the topic Acharya Sankara Vaibhavam.
In that talk, he many instances about Bhagavan Ramana's
teachings and devotees' experiences.  In fact, I wrote a post
about him in Forum. He started his talks with the famous
dhyana sloka on Bhagavan:  Aparasatchit sukavarirashe...
As ill-luck would have it, after about 5 or 6 days, his talks
were no longer telecast in Sri Sankara TV. I told my wife
about this loss of ours, many times.  Your news
about his own talks in various cities and the web address
is really a happy news.  Thank you,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:17 AM »
Dear Nagaraj,

I am happy you have collected the pravachanam collections
of Nochur Venkatraman.  Please share his 'talks' with us
through the Forum.  I opened his web nochurlisteners.com
and there is some limited information there about his programmes.  He is visiting Bangalore and giving talks
in Malleswaram in Sep 2009.

Arunachala Siva.

mmohan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »
I have collection of most of his talks on Ramana (various works like Aksharamana Malai etc), Bhagavatham & Gita. Whatever be the topic, he will revert back to Ramana and his teaching and personal life incidents every few minutes, so much is his devotion to his Guru. As he says, Ramana has opened the greatest secret for salvation - the "Who am I" enquiry method which is the shortest and only method to finally reach the goal. Just listening to his voice is so soothing and his words come from his heart.

I had the good fortune of meeting him at his residence for clearing certain personal doubts. He is most simple, humble & honest like a child with no airs and easily approachable unlike some other guru's and jnani's. He is a living embodiment of Ramana's teaching. He does not believe in creating organizations and gathering followers, only in transferring the great knowledge to sincere seekers. Seems in his childhood he has seen many deaths in his family and started to enquire at a very young age and visited many saints and sages before finally arriving at Ramana Samadhi in Ramanashramam and that was the end of his search. I had once listened to his talks on Ramayana at Ramanashramam itself and found it very hard to withstand the high vibration and energy. He spends a few weeks every now and then in total silence in Ramanashramam, otherwise does not travel much. He is a PhD in Sanskrit from Sree Sankaracharya Sanskrit University, Kalady, the birth place of Sankara.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 04:47:32 PM »
Dear mmohan,

I am profoundly thankful to you for giving us, many more
details about Sri Nochur Venkatraman.  You are quite
fortunate to have listened to him also and that too in
Sri Ramanasramam.  We have in this 21st century, such
great rubies and saffires who are less known to most of
us.  Perhaps Nochur Venkatraman may be another Ramana
for the sake of present day people.  His talks in Sri Sankara
TV, for about 5 or 6 days were wonderful.  He spoke in
Malayalam mixed Tamil of Palakkad, with many quotations
in Sanskrit and many anecdotes from Bhagavan Ramana.
I was telling my wife that I was reminded of Sri Sankara's
verse in Sri Sivananda Lahari:  "O Siva, you are like a grain
amidst the chaff which are other gods."  Nochur Venkatraman proved within that short duration that he is a Ruby amongst glass-stones!

Thank you.  Please share further information about Nochur
if you have.

Arunachala Siva.           

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
When I heard about the Sankra Tv from Subramaniyan ji , I felt very sorry for not having that particular channel in my Desh. I got lots of useless
channels except Sankara Tv. At the same time I wanted to know more about the him. I think it is Bhagavan's grace I read more about Nochur from these posts.
Thanks to mmohan for writing about Nochur.

Ramanaduli

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »
Dear all

Sorry to reopen this very old topic. But Nagaraj garu - have you posted these talks somewhere we can access?

Also, does anyone know if Brahmasree Nochur comes to Bangalore these days?

Many thanks
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
Dear sanjaya-ganesh,

It will be very difficult to post Nochur's talks in Forum. For example his talks on  Ulladu Narpadu covering a period of six years,
totally for 42 hours, that too in Tamizh, to be translated and posted here, would take at least 1000 posts. It is better to obtain
those CDs and do the sravanam, careful listening. His talks on Atma Vidya Kirtanam, (only 5 verses) run to 6 hours.  He is a
thorough bred scholar in Sri Ramana's teaching and he has also experienced atma anubhavam. He is married and has got a
male child.  He owns a house in Tiruvannamalai and on the days when he is not touring, he is there. He comes to the Asramam
on the days of his staying in Asramam and do meditation in Samadhi Hall. I have seen him in the Asramam for about 3 or 4 times.
He has come to Bangalore once in a year and gives talks. Once I heard him talk on Sri Daskinamurty Stotram for 7 days each day one
hour. His discourses in Bangalore are intimated beforehand in the Hindu newspaper two days before.     

Once Sri Ganesan told in the introductory remark that Nochur is the living representative of Sri Bhagavan and His teachings.
Once Smt Kanakammal has also attended his discourses in Chennai.  He has seen Kunju Swami and other direct devotees
and has talked to them.

Arunachala Siva.   

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »
Dear sanjaya-ganesh,

It will be very difficult to post Nochur's talks in Forum. For example his talks on  Ulladu Narpadu covering a period of six years,
totally for 42 hours, that too in Tamizh, to be translated and posted here, would take at least 1000 posts. It is better to obtain
those CDs and do the sravanam, careful listening. His talks on Atma Vidya Kirtanam, (only 5 verses) run to 6 hours.  He is a
thorough bred scholar in Sri Ramana's teaching and he has also experienced atma anubhavam. He is married and has got a
male child.  He owns a house in Tiruvannamalai and on the days when he is not touring, he is there. He comes to the Asramam
on the days of his staying in Asramam and do meditation in Samadhi Hall. I have seen him in the Asramam for about 3 or 4 times.
He has come to Bangalore once in a year and gives talks. Once I heard him talk on Sri Daskinamurty Stotram for 7 days each day one
hour. His discourses in Bangalore are intimated beforehand in the Hindu newspaper two days before.     

Once Sri Ganesan told in the introductory remark that Nochur is the living representative of Sri Bhagavan and His teachings.
Once Smt Kanakammal has also attended his discourses in Chennai.  He has seen Kunju Swami and other direct devotees
and has talked to them.

Arunachala Siva.

where can one obtain his CDs?  Please give website address and also the shop details.  I dont think Sri Ramasramam has his collections.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Some CDS are available in Sri Ramanasramam. Otherwise, when he comes to Bangalore for a discourse, (he comes once in
a year), all his CDS are displayed at the counter and these can be purchased. Another place is Sri Ramana Kendra, Alamelu
manga Puram in Chennai or in any place where he conducts his satsangh in Chennai. It takes place again once in every
year either at Narada Gana Sabha or Tattvaloka Auditorium in in Raja Annamlai Puram, Chennai. Narada Gana Sabha is in
North Usman Road, Chennai. In these places, the CDs are kept in display for sale.

As far as I know there is no method by which one can obtain his CDs by post.     

Arunachala Siva.       

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 06:26:44 AM »
Thank you everyone.
Salutations to Bhagawan

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »
Here is a link to Nochur's talks for downloading .

http://sumukam.wordpress.com/discourses/brahma-sri-nochur-venkatarama/

I have downloaded Nochur's Arunachala Akshara Mana Malai and listening to them now .

Om Peace .
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:18:59 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

mahadevan

• View Profile
Require guidance in Spiritual life
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Om Arunachala Siva,

I am posting this message to get the grace of all the devotees who have been blessed by the grace of Bhagavan Sri Ramana and Arunachala.

I completed my Engineering four years back and working currently.I had visited Tiruvannamali in my first year of Engineering and seen Arunachaleswara and Samadhi shrine of Bhagavan Ramana at Ramanasramam.Also,having read the life of numerous saints of India and listened to Bhavatham of revered Saints like Nochur Vekatraman,I had developed disliking for material life.

I even tried running from home many times to pursue spiritual life but the tears of my mother longing for me to stay back pulled me back.

I am presently living a meaningless life like thousands others who are just getting up,going to work,earning and going on without realizing the real purpose of life.

Could anyone of you please guide me as to how I will get the grace of Guru Ramana and Shiva so that I can get inner voice of Ramana as to what path I need to take to realize.

Namah Shivaya

Mahadevan.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
Dear Mahadevan.

There is grace of Ramana ever flowing that is why you visited T.Malai, Bhagavan's Mandir. Now you joined this forum where lots of learned members will guide you now and then. The grace of Ramana will reveal everything step by step in your life.

Ramanaduli

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 02:41:34 AM »
Dear Mahadevanji,

It is only by Bhagavan's grace we hear the calling so please feel blessed. Recently I was listening to an Ulladu Naarpadu discourse by Sri Nochurji, in which he mentioned the following. We have to accept our situation and not fight it, for example, when we are part of a family with responsibilities, we should not yearn to go meditate in Ramanashramam and nor should we want to be active like others when we get a chance in later life to meditate in the ashram.

As Bhagavan said, "irunda padikey iru, iraivan arul seluthia vallikey sel". My understanding of this is, you are given a situation to help overcome your weaknesses. With Bhagavan's grace, we should always focus our attention on  our Self. We can use self-enquiry, books, discourses, prayers, contemplation, satsang etc., to help purify our mind. We should be able to live our daily lives without getting affected by it.

Chanting Aksharamana malai  is very helpful. Finally, when I have bad days I surrender to Bhagavan and pray for help. Hope this helps you.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya