Author Topic: If you want to Realisation...  (Read 2313 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
If you want to Realisation...
« on: May 26, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »
If one wants Realisation, I have come to conclusion that one has to keep the "Who am I" enquiry constantly always. It has to go on and on and on.... every moment, in every actions, till the time when we sleep. We should not limit this only for 15 minutes everyday in the morning or 1 hour meditation everyday and all. One has to jump into the waters to get the pearl from deep inside the waters. If one jumps and searches for 15 minutes and come out and then next day if the same person jumps again and searches for an hour, what is the use? One has to jump and only come out with the pearl, till that time one should not come out of the waters.

If the desire for Realisation is really deep, if you Really want realisation, then one has to keep enquiring constantly without any break. in midst of work, daily chores ... all the time...

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: If you want to Realisation...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

The question Who am I?  has no answer.  The answer is
just experience of I-I.  So the question need not be repeated
everytime.  Instead Bhagavan Ramana said:  You restrict
your thought-waves to one thought.  Say Rama, Rama or
Guruvurappa, or Arunachala Siva. 

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

Yes, the question of Who am I has no answer because the questioner disappears because its the ego. Here its no more experience because the experiencer ceases to be. How can one experience oneself? Yes, if one can say the names of Rama, Krishna, Arunachala, with the same spirit of Enquiring Who am I, then its good. But, most times, (in me) its happens without any enqury. The spirit is lost. If it is not said with the consciousness, with the spirit of Who am I, then it makes no difference.

Who am I is not something to repeat, it has to be carried along with the daily chores and work. Infact there is no concept of 'Time' at all in Who am I. But Yes, each people have their own way which has to be carried out persistently-constantly.

Dear Udai,

When I saw your post, I couldn't stop laughing at myself  :D I am aware of what you have said and usually do the same exercise with some minor differences. Most times, I sit like a log and see how long I am able to be and also aware of the fact just before I get back into the world.

The reason behind my posting this topic about practicing the Who am I enquiry constantly is to just make sure the consciousness is not lost in wind at time. We have to be consciousness all the time without any breaks. That was the only intention of doing Who am I enquiry all through the day.

As said by Annamalai Swami - that one who remains as Consciousness needs no practice... is the main intention

Nagaraj

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:51:58 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Even the words 'experience', 'merger' are not correct.
It is as It is.  It is ULLaporul, as Bhagavan Ramana said.
It exists.  The Substance that Exists. It is the total knowledge, hence, Knowledge, Chit.  It is Bliss.  Anandam.  It is Sat Chit Anandam.

Arunachala Siva.