Author Topic: Something to share with all of you ...  (Read 1417 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Something to share with all of you ...
« on: May 26, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
Dear all,

Yesterday night, as usual I was in a contemplative mood and suddenly it flashed to me this - Bhagawan has said that

"For every thought, the source is the "I" thought, and the mind will get merged only by Self enquiry...."

"Who am I? will destroy all other thoughts and will kill itself too..."

"Reach the heart by diving deep within yourself on the quest of the Self, you will thus get fixed in the Self"

"Where the 'I' merges another entity emerges as 'I-I' of its own accord. That is the perfect Self"

It flashed to me that the merging  is not to be taken literally. Infact there will be no merging at all, it is just used to convey the essence by Bhagawan, thats all. What is there to merge? has there been two different things to get merged? Infact nothing actually gets merged. Its by knowledge that the "I" understands or "merges" that It itself is the Perfect Self. There is no merging going to happen nor will any different entity will emerge - this should not be taken literally. nothing actually will emerge. what is there apart from I to emerge? and from where can anything emerge? again it only means that the emergence is nothig but of the knowledge that It Itself is the perfect Self.

There is no Merging or Emerging.

Nagaraj

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Something to share with all of you ...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Excellent!  The word "merger" is used because the individual
who was all along with the body-mind complex, leaves the mind
and becomes one with the Self within.  There is no merger
in fact, there is only delinking of mind and body.  The milk
in a tumbler, is poured into the milk in the big pot.  The milk
when it leaves the tumbler, it becomes the milk in the big
pot, delinking it from the tumbler.

Arunachala Siva.